• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 30, 2020

    Fallout | Canadian “nationalists” could make a very cool faction for future games near or over the border

    Fallout | Canadian “nationalists” could make a very cool faction for future games near or over the border


    Canadian “nationalists” could make a very cool faction for future games near or over the border

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 10:56 PM PDT

    I've always thought that it's both very cool and possible in lore that there would be a tribe/legion/republic/faction of some sort of Canadian nationalists who view the pre-war occupation as an invasion. As such they would probably be trying to retake the (now ruined) land that was once an independent Canada

    The only trouble with this is it might be hard to write without becoming just like the NCR. A difference in views/morals/values would probably be needed in order to make the two feel different even though they likely would not both be appearing the same games

    I don't know if this faction could/should be spread large across lots of what was once Canada, or if it would be a smaller very localized faction.

    Am I biased just because I'm canadian? Maybe.

    submitted by /u/relicannot
    [link] [comments]

    Detroit would not be a run down pre-war city, it would’ve been one of the richest cities in the US.

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    I'm aware none of this is cannon, I'm simply trying to explain why people are most likely wrong, when they describe how a future fallout game in Detroit would look.

    I'm sure you all have seen the dozens of posts asking where you would like to see a future fallout game, and one of the somewhat more common answers is a fallout game set in Detroit/Windsor. Usually people will follow it up with either, the idea that there would be a divide between Detroit and Windsor (Canada) this one could still be possible, or people will talk about how Detroit would be a far more gritty and run down fallout setting, similar to the Pitt. However if we're going off of the idea that Fallout is an exaggerated version of the 50s, then Detroit would be really rich. Due to the automobile industry Detroit became one of the, or the richest city in the United States (during the 50s) so imaginably this would spill into the Fallout universe, especially considering one major aspects to the downfall of Detroit was the automobile factories moving to China, well that ain't happening... This could also be a good opportunity to see some new lore, like how the resource wars impacted production, and maybe Detroit was beginning to take the same path as IRL Detroit before the bombs dropped. This could also be the first (3D) game to feature working cars, it is the motor city after all!

    submitted by /u/Voose200
    [link] [comments]

    Am I in the minority?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    My favorite fallout game is fallout 3. Apparently, very few people share my opinion. At least at school. Is this just localized to my area or does everyone dislike fallout 3?

    submitted by /u/depressionated
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody else wish they could build cars in Fallout 4 without mods?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 09:46 PM PDT

    It sucks because I have to use my minigun to stick the barrel underneath the car and move it.

    submitted by /u/GeoGuru32
    [link] [comments]

    Only just found out that my bottle of Nuka Cola Quantum, which I have kept as a decoration for years, was drinkable.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    Was, because it has been sitting in my room for a couple of years and has most likely gone off or just gotten more radioactive.

    submitted by /u/NoHonourAmongThieves
    [link] [comments]

    So I am coming here as an act of failure I got really pissed at Preston gravy and I clicked on him and did the disable command

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 03:18 AM PDT

    Now I have no clue how to get him back I tried to do the move to player thing but nothing is working can someone please help UPDATE: I fixed Preston gravy he is working fully now I just had to .... Help another settlement

    submitted by /u/alzone1219
    [link] [comments]

    So are we to believe that there is only one institute base

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    A random thought I had was that if the institute was so well hidden and secretive wouldn't they have more than one base like the railroad?

    In fallout 3 we see dr. Zimmer collecting harkness from rivert city and I don't understand how they could've gotten information all the way from the commonwealth to D.C without institute members being in D.C. originally?

    submitted by /u/Taylormckay123
    [link] [comments]

    Psykers in the next Fallout?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    We know psykers exist in the Fallout universe. In Fallout 1, the Master uses his powers to attack the Vault Dweller and had other psykers under his control. In 2, the tribe's shaman uses his psyker abilities to contact the Chosen One through dreams. In 4, a drugged up Mama Murphy can predict the future and help the Lone Survivor with two boss fights (Kellogg and the Courser). In New Vegas, the Forecaster (the kid under the bridge) can use his power to inform the Courier about a potential companion nearby, the upcoming battle of Hoover Dam, and the possibility of taking Vegas for themselves (the independent ending). All these examples are just the tip of the iceberg. I haven't even covered Fallout 3, 76, and Tactics.

    Psykers wouldn't seem out of place in the next game since we already encountered and interacted with them. What if the next game gives psykers a bigger role? For example, a cult consisting of psykers that baptize their members in FEV vats to "bless" them with psychic abilities. They could be a small faction that could aid the bigger factions (kinda like how the Brotherhood, Boomers, and Khans can help the NCR). Or they could be the big bad antagonist and it's up to the player to join or destroy them. What are your thought on psykers playing a bigger role in the next game?

    submitted by /u/Clover-Crane
    [link] [comments]

    An idea for the beginning of Fallout 5! (Script)

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    It starts on shot of the Earth from space. It zooms out and we slowly understand that's it's seen from the Moon. It keeps zooming back til you understand that it's your point of view, you're an astronaut on the Moon.

    "- Hey, stop dreaming, we have work to do!"

    You can now move your head freely (it's first person). You turn around and see who's talking to you, it's another Astronaut. His suit is a space version of a Power Armor with the American flag on the shoulders, and you can read "Buzz" on his chest. "- Come on Cooper, time to setup base."

    You can move freely and you see your spaceship (it's the Apollo 10, with a retro futuristic twist to it). You then have to do some little missions to setup a space camp (place to sleep, garden, etc) to be self sufficient on the Moon, with the help of a G.E.C.K

    The game moves forward, you see the base becoming better and bigger. Jump in time, a few times; Until the date says October 23, 2078.

    You're starring at the earth again, like at the beginning. Suddenly you hear a beep coming from the Apollo, it's an urgent message from earth. You rush to the module to listen to it, Buzz is right behind you. The communication is full of interferences, hard to understand: "Bzzzz... Apollo..... abort! .... return to Earth...... don't know how much time but.... China! .. bzzzz The coast of California....... Chinese submarines!..... not good! Abort the mission...... home now!"

    You exit the module, Buzz says: "- Do you think it's the Chinese? What should we do?" You have dialogue options (your character isn't voiced by the way ;) ).

    You stare at the earth again. But something is different. There's a big flare of light moving fast in its orbit. Buzz "- What the fuck is that?" And suddenly a huge explosion on the east coast of America. It's dead silent, it's almost beautiful.

    Suddenly, another missile is being launched, but from America. You see it's trajectory slowly ending in China. Another huge explosion.

    Buzz "- My god. Cooper, we should call HQ."

    Another bomb hits America, and another. Another bomb hits China.

    "- Shit. I guess, they won't answer."

    Flash forward to you and Buzz a few years later, the Moon base has been expanded. There's plenty of vegetables, ressources.

    You keep doing little missions around the base to improve it. You eat, go to bed, etc.

    Another day, years later. A loud buzz is coming from the Apollo. You and Buzz look at it each other, and run to the module. It's a communication from Earth: "... Apollo 10..... copy? ..... Apollo 10.....

    • YES! We copy!!!

    • .... wow! This is...... ! Bzzzz return to earth! ..... the fallout..... survivors........ bring the G.E.C.K back to earth! We need...... bzzzz G.E.C.K do you copy?

    • We copy!

    • Bzzzzzzzzz ......"

    Jump forward to Buzz and you in the module, flying back to earth.

    End of the script.

    I was thinking this game could take place pretty early after the nukes, so the world would still be super gloomy, radiated, a darker Fallout game. Maybe with a survival/horror twist to it for some events.

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/holyguacamole13
    [link] [comments]

    The Battle of Bunker Hill is one of the worst designed quest in all of Fallout

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    So I'm recently playing Fallout 4 again and just went through the battle of Bunker Hill as a Minutemen/Railroad character and even in my fith playthrough or so I still can't get over how badly designed this quest is. Let me get this out of the way, I LOVE Fallout 4 and I think the Idea of this quest, to have all main factions battle each other at bunker hill, is absolutly great and the presentation is almost better than the battle at Hoover Dam, but I think the execution was absolutly horrible.

    So okay I warn Desdemona about the attack, which I couldn't do until I sided with them, even tho I didn't want to and already had the optional questmarker to warn them... I mean... how am I supposed to warn Desdemona, when all she cares about is my joining, but that's the problem if I can only talk about one thing at the same time and all of my massiv 4 dialog options (No, No, No, Yes) are about her question, if I want to join them. Okay fine... whatever... I join your little friendgroup and turn my back on my Minutemen (even tho I don't). Okay, what should I do? Okay the runner has to die and I save the synths and Stockton. I'm the only "Institute member", who get's out of Bunker Hill. No problem!

    Oh and the Brotherhood is here! I didn't tell them... maybe someone else did... but hey, they are my friends, because I helped Paladin Danse that one time. I don't need to worry! Meanwhile X4-18, who is clearly accompanied by me, starts blasting everyone. Good thing no one is suspicious about this. (Okay the Railroad agents could somehow know, I'm kinda undercover, and the BoS knights too, if I informed them, which I didn't)

    So... yeah... BATTLE! Exept for me, because everyone is my friend. But wait... Desdemona said I'm the only Institute member who get's out. Let's kill some Synths! Oh... but they don't care if I shoot them... okay. X4-18 doesn't either. That's interesting... so no fighting for me if I don't want to waste ammo on synths who don't shoot back. So... let's kill X4-18 at least, so I can go and save the synths! Oh... the quest get's bugged, because I wasn't supposed to kill X4-18 before I got to the synths I want to rescue... Okay but there are tons of Railroad agents underground who will fight with X4-18 and because he is invincible every railroad agent get's to die. Sorry boys and girls, I would like to help, but I need to get X4-18 to the synths... even tho I don't want him to bring the synth back to the Institute and I will kill him anyway... well gotta do, what I gotta do.

    But whatever I get X4-18 to the synths and tell them, they can go... Directly in front of X4-18 who could instantly teleport away or something and tell everything to father, us his codes or whatever, but luckily he doesn't do that and I can finally shoot him. Could have done that way earlier while he didn't expect an attack, but I gotta give that boy a chance... I guess.

    So... yeah... the synths are free. Yay! Let's get back outside! Oh... there is still a massiv battle, because I didn't side with anyone beacuse... you know... everyone was friendly with me. But whatever... why do I care. I told the synth, they can go, so everything is fine. I haven't seen Stockton, but I'm sure he's fine. Those other institute synths can't be a thread without X4-18, it's not like the institute could just keep spamming them with their teleporter and send another runner or anything. It was just me and my friend X4-18 who really matterd in the end because... reasons!

    Oh... and the Brotherhood is also still there, fighting with everyone. They did a lot! Like... shoot stuff and die! Nothing else happend with them and storywise this doesn't really change anything, because I never joined them (even tho I'm pretty sure Danse still waits for me to join in the police station, ignoring everything else that's going on in the world), but at least they looked cool.

    Oh and the Railroad turrets tried to kill me! I don't know why but they did. And they were so strong I needed to use godmode, because oitherwise they would have killed me almost instantly! Oh and I could't hit them with anything. Neither could my best friend X4-18 or Deacon... but whatever... ther is still the "kill" command... which didn't work, so I needed to use "disable", because they kept on fighting with X4-18 and Deacon. (To be fair this bug could have been very much due to my over 150 installed mods, so this isn't really a fair complaint... but it definitely added to the experience I guess.)

    Sorry... rant over.

    submitted by /u/SteveBnR
    [link] [comments]

    Which Fallout game should I buy next?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    I started with Fallout 4 because it seemed the most simple. I've had it for a couple years and it's now one of my favorite games. I realize that 3 and New Vegas have substantially different mechanics than Fallout 4, so with that understanding which game do you recommend I buy next?

    submitted by /u/luke101001
    [link] [comments]

    Troubles with new vegas mod manager (seeking help)

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    I've played new vegas a lot so inevitably i ended up modding the game after a few weeks mod manager just stopped working, i did a quick fix for this by installing the mod manager fork but that recently has stopped working as well. after uninstalling everything i can find in program files to mod manager, deleting the downloads and cleaning the recycling bin i attempted to reinstall mod manager for it only to not work still. whenever i open the desktop icon it does not load. i deleted and reinstalled everything a few more times only for the same issues to occur. i'm not great at PCs in fact i'm pretty rubbish so if anyone knows a fix for this or can direct me in a better place to seek for help please let me know.

    submitted by /u/Cara5numbers
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 crashes

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 04:50 AM PDT

    I recently upgraded my pc and I was able to play the game on max settings with a 1060. I now have a 2070super and I can only play the game on the lowest because every time I have anything turned on I crash. Does anyone have any idea what is going on

    submitted by /u/DaddysFriend
    [link] [comments]

    Institute Vs. Enclave

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    Hear me out. Set somewhere in the North East, some place close enough to reasonably explain Institute presence, maybe New York.

    Both have been portrayed as 'evil' in past games. I think a mashup could provoke some intriguing moral quandaries, putting the player in an environment where they decide on the lesser of two evils or even neither.

    Definitely room for minor factions but I haven't dedicated that much thought to the idea yet.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/QuestionMaster33
    [link] [comments]

    [Fo4]I just did my first speed run after 100 hours of practice and got a whopping 40 min.

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    Different time line fallout game

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 05:08 AM PDT

    Ok so I had a idea of fallout games that are set in alternative time lines like a alt fallout 4 where the enclave won fallout 3 or a alternative fallout 3 where the enclave killed the chosen one or the master won in fallout 1 or a timeline where fallout 76 launched in a actually playable state is this a good idea or no

    submitted by /u/crusadeyboi1096
    [link] [comments]

    Finaly next railroad

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    Just finished my brotherhood of steel playtrough in fallout 4

    submitted by /u/daan112538
    [link] [comments]

    What would you change and make different about Fallout 76 ?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    Title..

    submitted by /u/Klov1233
    [link] [comments]

    Yet another talking head, Hancock!

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 04:08 PM PDT

    Is there any way i can bind mouse scroll up/down buttons to controls like VATS and pip boy in Fallout 3?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 05:28 AM PDT

    Please help

    submitted by /u/Cinnamon_Void
    [link] [comments]

    This Eyebot looking thing from the space race

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 09:03 AM PDT

    So I was studying the space race and I found this American test Sattelite that looks like an Eyebot from Fallout from the behind. Tell me what you think.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/DdrltJO

    submitted by /u/Site_directer
    [link] [comments]

    How replayable is fallout 3?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 08:45 AM PDT

    I have never played it. I'm currently on my fourth new vegas run and i'm still hooked on this after about a 2 year break from bethesda games (college/life got in the way). With the virus going on should I give it a try? How would you guys rate it compared to FNV?

    submitted by /u/letsgetgirthy
    [link] [comments]

    Steam overlay doesn't work on Fallout 3 GOTY edition?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    Shift + tab doesn't work, it also wont record my game time. anyone else gets this problem?

    submitted by /u/gucci_cowboy
    [link] [comments]

    What is the "iconic" song for each fallout game?

    Posted: 29 Apr 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment