• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 4, 2020

    Fallout 3 | These terminal entries at the Nuka-Cola plant are hilarious

    Fallout 3 | These terminal entries at the Nuka-Cola plant are hilarious


    These terminal entries at the Nuka-Cola plant are hilarious

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    this fucking guy follows me all the way to the enclave base

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    Loot reports two deleted navmeshes in the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch ("known to cause crashes")

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    Non-modded survival mode challenge | Ideas?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    I am thinking of doing a Fallout 3 'survival mode' challenge that is also a bit of a role play.

    I play on Xbox so cant use mods, so I need to think of ways in the base game to give a survival style mode of challenge, here are some ideas so far:

    -Playing with no hud so you are more immersed and have no magic way of knowing if enemies are nearby etc.

    -Not being able to wear heavy or bulky armour, only clothes or light armours allowed. The thinking behind this is that you character is by yourself, realistically even if you were in combat armour etc, you would still get killed pretty quick by a group of raiders, and you would get tired quickly, so you can only wear clothes etc.

    -Only able to have 1 long range rifle like the sniper rifle, lever action rifle, hunting rifle etc, 1 medium weapon like a sub machine or smaller rifle, and one blades small melee weapon. Realistically you wouldn't carry loads of guns, nor would you carry a heavy super sledge etc, where as small blade could fit on your side.

    -Can't use stimpaks or Chems. To make it more challenging and 'realistic' you can't use stimpaks or Chems to heal you, you have to use food or drink. This means you need food or drink more often and will go in search of it, and also means you 'have to' eat and drink like a normal survival mode.

    -No Megaton house or Tenpenny apartment. If you were really some squishy fish out of water vault dweller who just got thrown into the real world, the chances of you being able to defuse a nuclear bomb in 5 minutes (or blow it up) then get given a house is unlikely if you are role playing a 'normal' person. And considering how easily you could die, you would be nipping our everyday bringing back trophies to store in your house.

    -No companion. Means you can be more stealthy and realistically most people wouldn't follow a squishy vault dweller to almost certain death into the D.C. ruins etc.

    -No energy weapons or big guns or complicated explosives. A the player wouldn't have ever seen an energy weapon, they shouldn't be using them in life or death situations as they don't reliably know how they work. Same with big guns, and also logically if you were to have to go in to the D.C. ruins it would realistically take at least a couple of days, you really wouldn't want to be dragging a minigun around. With explosives, anything more than a grenade or a frag mine could be compicated and considering they are live, it isn't something you would want to risk experimenting with, same with diffusing mines.

    -You have to find makeshift camps/player homes. As stated above, no Megaton house or Tenpenny apartment so if you want to bed down, or have a place to store excess gear, best look for places with a bed and an ammo box. You can rent a room if In town but that shouldn't be a habit for a poor wastelander.

    -Play on normal or hard. I want it to be where you still have a risk of being killed but enemies aren't bullet sponges

    These are my main ideas but I was wondering if anyone has any more?

    To clarify by the way, when I talk about being realistic, obviously the world isn't real and therefore isn't realistic, what I am aiming to do with this play though is to myself more in the eyes of a Wastelander struggling to survive instead of being the overpowered lone wanderer. So if you think something is far fetched for a regular NPC Wastelander, like diffusing the bomb, then don't do it

    submitted by /u/TheAICommander
    [link] [comments]

    Role-playing server anyone?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    I've been dabbling in the art of role-playing on discord and it doth inspire me to create my own Fallout themed server!

    This definitely isn't my first time making a discord server,
    and this sure as HECC isn't the first time I'm gonna be writing a story
    but I would like to know how many people would be interested in joining?
    I know that if I were to make one, I'm a little bit of a perfectionist so it would probably take over all of my free time.. and since I'm in quarantine... I got a lot of free time..

    I intend to be making a fully-functional Fallout Universe role-play Discord Server! and I think it would be cool logging my story creating process On Reddit as well! Lemme know if you are interested so I can start uploading!

    submitted by /u/lord_bong_water
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment