• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 11, 2020

    Fallout | Fallout 5 should return to voiceless protagonist.

    Fallout | Fallout 5 should return to voiceless protagonist.


    Fallout 5 should return to voiceless protagonist.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    After trying to play Fallout 4 over and over there are some things that just keep me away.

    1. Is the less and less RPG elements that everyone has talked about before. I really miss skill points.

    2. Which is the topic of this post, Voices. Because they added voice acting they limited the number of ways the player could respond and what they could write because they would have to have everything voice acted.

    Instead of just getting the NPC to record audio from pre written questions they now have to double the work and also get the player character to ask and respond.

    This in Fallout really doesn't work with me because of all the builds you could have. I think this was the biggest mistake Bethesda made with Fallout 4 IMO.

    With 76 going back to voiceless I hope this will be the standard and not just because they wanted to rush development which they did.

    submitted by /u/strawloofy
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else wish Bethesda would port Fallout 1 and 2 to console?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 04:33 AM PDT

    I realize they are old now, but would really like to play them on console anyway, as I no longer PC game.

    submitted by /u/uprightshark
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout got it wrong- toilet paper is the de facto currency after the apocalypse

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 09:40 PM PDT

    What's up with the bottlecaps? Toilet paper is the only real hard currency

    submitted by /u/Oznog99
    [link] [comments]

    Am I weird for preferring ballistic damage to energy?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 02:20 PM PDT

    Now I'm not talking actual damage wise, I'm just talking about how it look, feels, and sounds. I think it's weird that I do this and am curious if anyone else feels the same? I do use energy weapons but not as many as ballistic

    submitted by /u/Dresslobster7
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Mama Murphy have a 19 in strength?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    I realized today that Mama Murphy's strength is at 19. Is her buffness ever explained in game?

    submitted by /u/unrenewable_resource
    [link] [comments]

    How to Improve The Railroad (F04 Spoilers)

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    While I enjoyed the sneaky, hidden freedom fighters just as much as the next guy, I always felt like they were a little out of place as a major faction able to brawl with the Brotherhood at Bunker Hill. With that said, here are some small changes I would make to the faction which would make a big difference.

    • Super mutants in the Railroad

    With the apocalypse and raiders, most people have enough on their plate without having to deal with synth freedom. That's not to say that there wouldn't be a few people swayed to the cause, but the Railroad needs greater numbers than that. Who else would have a greater beef with the Institute than their monstrous creations? Maybe mutants don't necessarily care for synth freedom, revenge could be a strong motivator for the more intelligent ones. Basically, what this would mean in game context is adding one or two NPC intelligent super mutants to the Railroad HQ who could talk with the player a bit about what they do and their motivations. You could get into level list integration of Railroad Heavies but I'm trying to limit this the work.

    • Desdemona is not the leader of the Railroad

    The player should not know who runs the Railroad. Desdemona is great, but she isn't quite evading the Institute level. This change helps emphasize the organization's secrecy and allows it to seem a lot bigger than it actually is. The Old North Church can remain as the HQ of the Railroad, but there should be someone or something higher up giving directions. If the player never gets to know or meet this mysterious person, the Railroad remains a weakened threat in the Commonwealth, even after getting their HQ destroyed by the Institute/Brotherhood. This justifies the Railroad Heavies that you can still encounter after finishing the main story. This could be done through notes, terminal entries, and maybe an NPC. It could be the kind of thing a player wouldn't even know about unless they were paying attention to what they were reading. My personal choice for the code-name Railroad's director would be "The Conductor".

    • The roads most traveled...

    One thing that I felt none of the factions fully took advantage of was the fact that there are 2 major cities to operate out of, one of which is specifically for outcasts and drifters. The roads to these cities are (lore-wise) consistently traveled by caravans going all over the Commonwealth. Why not have an outpost in Goodneighbor that can only be accessed through the right quest or reputation in the Railroad? What about a secret sewer near Diamond City? An abandoned safe house on the outskirts of Quincy? Giving the Railroad more locations makes siding with them more of an asset to the player, especially for survival mode players who don't want to use the settlement system.

    Overall these changes would make the Railroad a stronger fighting force that can navigate downtown Boston with ease due to their super mutant agents. They become both more mysterious, and more helpful to the player.

    What do you think? Are there any changes you would make to this?

    submitted by /u/Stoic_Scholar
    [link] [comments]

    Please help, fallout 4 DLC on PS4

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 03:35 AM PDT

    Maybe someone oh here can help me. I play on ps4, I am using the same account I downloaded the dlc on, all the dlc shows as installed both in the store and in the in game menu. It doesn't matter how many times I redownload it or activate as my primary ps4 or even restore my license the dlc doesnt actually show up in game when I play it. At one point I removed EVERYTHING fallout 4 related from my internal and external hard drives and restarted as if I was buying and playing for the first time. When I check the status of the dlc on the main menu they show installed then when I hit O it says new add ins are installed and I must restart to activate them so I do and no changes. I've had this problem for about a year and have found no help in all of my searching, I just want to play the dlc I spent my hard earned money on. If you need any additional information ask me. Thank you so very much if you can actually fix this problem.

    submitted by /u/BoulOfRice
    [link] [comments]

    Why is new Vegas segmented into 3 parts?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 03:14 AM PDT

    So I've been replaying new Vegas and while in Vegas I noticed that even though you need to "load" each part of Vegas like the lucky 38 to the tops to the NCR base. But while no clipping everything is loaded in except for NPCs. Why didn't obsidian just have open gates? Was there limitations with the NPC cap?

    submitted by /u/aotd123
    [link] [comments]

    Ran into named settlers "Repairman" and "Weaponsmith"

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 10:41 PM PDT

    So I'm using Sim Settlements and I am making a huge assumption that this is where these guys are coming from. I am using Better Settlers but I don't think that changes the name. I wouldn't really have an issue with them, except I can't select them to do any jobs or assign them anywhere. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

    Repairman

    submitted by /u/theravenscall
    [link] [comments]

    What does the dramatic piano tone in Fallout Shelter mean?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    Hey! Does anyone have Fallout 2 on their steam account that I can family share with?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    Title. Idk if this is allowed in this sub. Ive been wanting to play this game for a but I can't purchase it rn. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/beepposting
    [link] [comments]

    Where did all the people come from?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    In just about every Fallout game, there are human NPCs. This is weird why? Most every vault in the country ironically had a 100% mortality rate, and the survivors never emerged. Where did all of the other humans come from? There's tons of raiders and settlers and traders and such with no clear explanation to how the majority of their ancestors were able to survive the apocalypse. Judging by the amount of personal underground bunkers present in the Fallout series, I wouldn't consider that as a plausible explanation. How are there so many people?

    submitted by /u/fusionFW
    [link] [comments]

    The silver shroud

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    On the silver shroud mission I've completed all the objectives except "Listen to Silver shroud station in goodneighbor" I've tried doing that but it wont complete. Is there something I'm doing wrong.

    submitted by /u/pecasdog
    [link] [comments]

    Spoiler about the institute ending for Fallout 4

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    So I recently finished Fallout 4 again but this time I went with the institute. I was kind of wondering, even though it probably wont be considered canon in the next fallouts, if you did get the reactor up and running for the institute does that mean you would be able to mass produce synths and basically go to war with the entire Eastern chapter of the brotherhood?

    I was thinking more of a Star Wars the Clone Wars type of deal. Before you go to war with the brotherhood even father mentions that there are more of them. And I dont exactly see the brotherhood losing one of their greatest assets (the Prydwen) and backing off.

    Which means war is inevitable, and with the reactor up and running you and you being the new director of the institute, you now have a power source unfathomable to most at your disposal.

    So basically what im trying to ask is, would the institute give the brotherhood a run for their money?

    submitted by /u/l_r_smart
    [link] [comments]

    (Question) Is Fallout: New Vegas stable to play on Windows 10 nowadays?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    I'm downloading the game, but as I wait for it to finish (due to slow connection speed), I wonder if the experience is going to be positive in a matter of crashings of the game. Some years ago I started playing Fallout 3, but even with some of the official and unofficial patches, the game kept crashing every time or so.

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/elnt
    [link] [comments]

    New and improved, but when to come back?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    Anyway. I almost immediately was disappointed by it and put it away. But just today a buddy of mine told me he's been playing non stop lately, that there have been a lot of changes since its release. I'm still figuring out just how much has changed, but he also mentioned the npc dlc out in about a month.

    My question is, should I get back into it now and refamiliarize myself with it or just wait a month for the new dlc?

    submitted by /u/OriginalGBZ
    [link] [comments]

    (Fallout 4) Is destroying the raiders in Nuka World worth it?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    So I have a question, the only question that matters. Is killing all of the raiders in Nuka-World worth keeping the minutemen?

    I like to be a good person and help everyone out in the commonwealth, I've also invested a lot into sanctuary and the castle. They are really nice big places, well built with a well community. I also like the minutemen and their goals for the commonwealth, helping innocent and defense less settlements.

    However, I think being a raider would be cool. There's a lot in the dlc but the "good ending" throws all of that away. I also like the new raider groups, especially The Pack. Very unique and I think it would keep the commonwealth balanced. Also, the raiders can defend themselves while 2 mole rats will completely topple a settlement.

    I don't know what happens to what ending I pick. What happens to the Nuka-World parks if there are no raiders to claim them? Will the Minutemen attack me if I take control of the commonwealth with my new friends? Will I lose control over Sanctuary and The Castle and not be able to build their anymore?

    The good person in me is telling me to kill them all and save the commonwealth. The fun side is telling me to put the commonwealth under my thumb. But he who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones. I'm not scared they'll throw stones back and shatter my house, I'm just scared they won't let me back into the glass house I built.

    TL;DR: Is still being a minutemen worth losing all of the new content in the Nuka World DLC? Will I no longer be allowed in Sanctuary and The Castle if I help the Nuka-World raiders?

    submitted by /u/Trevor-On-Reddit
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favourite quest in the Fallout franchise?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    Fnv shouldn't get a remake the original remakes should.

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 11:03 PM PDT

    Are the DLC for fallout 4 worth it?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    I play on very hard difficulty I'm level 45 and have nothing else to do in the wasteland besides minuteman quests. I have beat the game with all the endings.

    submitted by /u/The-Lurking-Lurk
    [link] [comments]

    FNV Wheel of Fortune, I uh killed Boxcars

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    So I had killed Boxcars earlier in my current game didnt even realize that I had just screwed myself.So is there a way to even start the quest now? Or will I have to respawn him? Or does that not even work? If that doesnt work then is my only option to spawn the keys(or console unlock) so I can get into the buildings?

    EDIT Uh, nevermind… turns out I reloaded the save after I killed him, so I only ended up giving him all the med x I could... so hopefully reseting the quest will fix things now

    EDIT 2 So I managed to get it to work, what I did what reset the quest Booted(type "resetquest 131E7C" into the console) then completed it(completequest with the same id) went to logan started then reset(not sure which is was that fixed it though) wheel of fortune(startquest "14050d") and I was able to do it

    submitted by /u/themaniac26
    [link] [comments]

    New Nvidia drivers make weapon debris take a little longer to crash the game

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    So now instead of almost instantly or whenever the effect is used the game crashes like five minutes in, in that five minutes you can create debris to your hearts content but when your time runs out whoops sorry bud that's a crash to desktop. Your mileage may vary, this unfortunately just makes me want it more but if this driver update made it better pherhaps futere ones will fix it? Here's to hoping boys.

    submitted by /u/LAZY_LAAZZYY
    [link] [comments]

    **possible spoilers but asking for help** Best Left Forgotten quest

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    So I am only on the first memory sequence, but 3 out of the 5 indexers have gone into the orange thing. The last two are sitting the the right of it and will NOT go in.

    Edit: exiting and reantering doesnt help and I'm playing on xbox so no PC mods or anything

    submitted by /u/whatfingnameisntaken
    [link] [comments]

    Can we just have a 2 player fallout game?

    Posted: 10 Mar 2020 09:29 PM PDT

    Why cant I just play fallout 4 as both Nate and Nora and explore the wasteland with my wife playing as my wife trying to find my son...

    Fix this shit bethesda.

    submitted by /u/KingdomSTATS
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment