• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 12, 2019

    Fallout: New Vegas | Lonesome Road Analysis: Why nuking the NCR is the correct choice regardless of which faction you side with.

    Fallout: New Vegas | Lonesome Road Analysis: Why nuking the NCR is the correct choice regardless of which faction you side with.


    Lonesome Road Analysis: Why nuking the NCR is the correct choice regardless of which faction you side with.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 10:47 PM PST

    Spoilers, obviously.

    As anyone who has played the lonesome road to completion knows, the courier has the option to aim nuclear missiles towards legion territory, NCR territory, or both. Please note that while this choice can have both great positive and negative consequences from a gameplay mechanic perspective, I will be talking about this purely in terms of real world morality, or at least the wasteland equivalent.

    While players traditionally believe the "best" ending for the dlc is to leave without dropping any nukes, those who actually pay attention to the base game lore might find that nuking the NCR is an action that actually runs parallel to a common sentiment held in the NCR, but to better address this, I will talk about the longer lasting, beneficial effect of the nuclear warheads.

    For those who are not familiar with the science of a nuclear explosion, there is something I must explain quickly. After the primary explosion of a nuclear warhead, there is phenomenon observed known as a firestorm. Effectively, when there are large fires in unnatural events such as nuclear explosions, the heated wind can remain trapped in the area and continue to cause fires and hold radiation in the area. We can see a similar effect in this dlc, as the constant radiation storms burn off the marked men's skin. I bring all of this up to note what scientists believe happens after these firestorms.

    Due to the soot in the atmosphere, eventually irradiated areas can actually experience prolonged cooling because of the high concentration of soot preventing sunlight from entering. This leads to a significantly colder climate that scientists have dubbed a "nuclear winter". Now in the base game, regardless of location, time of day, story progression, etc. almost any NCR soldier will be quick to tell you that patrolling the Mojave almost makes them wish for a nuclear winter. The frequency at which they make this comment suggests that they are really, truly on the fence about the matter. It is only courteous of you to help them out, and give them a small experience of the nuclear winter life. Now some might say "but the long 15 looks like every other NCR shithole except irritated!" And that is simply because we have not let enough time pass for nuclear winter to take place. Once that place cools down the NCR will be begging you to drop another!

    In any case I thought I would explain why I always nuke the NCR in this little post, next time I will be discussing wether or not degenerates like you do, in fact belong on a cross.

    submitted by /u/Bigboyprime
    [link] [comments]

    Big MT at it again......new and improved octo-legged nightstalkers. Totally sterile too!

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 05:58 AM PST

    First time playing Dead Money with visual mods. Now it's even more creepy. Wish me luck guys....

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 04:04 PM PST

    Going for that Joker Build

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 04:47 AM PST

    The problem with OWB spawns....

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 06:04 AM PST

    What an unfortunate suicide

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 09:58 AM PST

    I still play fallout NV consistently on my xbox 360.

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 04:22 PM PST

    Ive sunken thousands of hours into fallout NV, but I still play around 4-5 hours a week. It's usually how I unwind after my weeks over on Friday, the only thing is I play on xbox 360 and not the PC (never had enough money/time to get one) so I just play the base game. All my friends (both those who still play video games and who have stopped) give me abunch of crap bc of that. Was just wondering if anyone else still plays consistently on console?

    submitted by /u/EthanTinsley17
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 07:12 AM PST

    Just a quick question, cause google's failing me.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 01:59 AM PST

    I've been trying to play Fallout new california, and for the most part I thought I got my mods all right. But everytime I start the game I get past the intro to the dodge/tackle scene....and it just goes to credits 0.o . I loaded a regular new game of FONV and it does the same thing, though it does it right after the cutscene.

    submitted by /u/Vexrook
    [link] [comments]

    Mojave, mo problems, am I right?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 07:25 PM PST

    Just discovered how awesome Hand Loader and actually crafting ammo is,question about shotgun ammo

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 05:13 PM PST

    I feel ashamed of being on my third playthrough with a guns character and not bothering with hand loader and crafting ammo up until level 30 lol

    I have a question about shotgun ammo,now that i'm level 30 i am pretty much mid to late game,should i just have all my 12 gauge ammo turned into slugs,magnum or 4/0 buck? I have both STay Back and Shotgun Surgeon

    submitted by /u/cybernet21
    [link] [comments]

    johnny guitarrrrrrrr

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 12:55 AM PST

    Fallout new Vegas keeps sending me to the credits

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 06:46 AM PST

    I somehow messed up modding my game, I can play the game for a couple seconds before the credits starts playing. I have no idea whats causing it. On top of that a bunch of NPC's have a big red exclamation mark on them, but I believe a weapon mod is causing that issue.

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks yall

    submitted by /u/Mouldyy
    [link] [comments]

    Big Iron (Music Video)

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 06:06 AM PST

    Question on multiple modded games

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 04:33 AM PST

    I was wondering if its possible to have multiple vastly different modded playthroughs running at the same time.

    By this I mean can I keep savefiles for different games and play them by enabling/disabling the relevant/irrelevant mods before running them?

    For example, I am currently doing a TTW run through, but am yet to and am keen to try New California, aswell as get back into Dust, then switch between the three games as I please.

    I use Vortex, is there a way to group mods and mass enable/disable plugins from one game setup to the next without corrupting savefiles?

    I've never been hugely invested in how exactly modding actually works so sorry if it is a dumb question.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Geomotrix
    [link] [comments]

    Any modders here know how I might be able to fix this clipping with my face? (TFH Better Authority Glasses)

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 08:47 PM PST

    Very hard, hardcore build suggestions

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 04:41 PM PST

    I'm currently attempting my 2nd playthrough of New Vegas but can't decide on a build and where to allocate my Special points.

    My original character was a stealth sniper, using the jack of all trades build I believe and I enjoyed it immensely but I'm thinking I'd like to do something new.

    I was thinking of doing a melee build but I heard they're kind of bad for the majority of the game, especially on very hard, hardcore and I dislike the idea of stacking consumables.

    My next build thought was a Gunslinger which sounds like a lot of fun but I'm not sure if limiting myself to just pistols would bore me or not.

    So, if any experienced players could give some advice or suggestions, I'd be grateful. Is melee fun? Is it even viable in very hard, hardcore?

    submitted by /u/ElizabethThePrideful
    [link] [comments]

    who has the most quests ncr house legion or yesman

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 06:42 PM PST

    trying to do as many quests as possible unmodded

    submitted by /u/apple_ketchup
    [link] [comments]

    Dean Domino’s Blackmail Evidence

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 05:58 PM PST

    For years I have always wondered what this is actually evidence of? It's a holotape that has him saying "pretty as a picture"....are they Vera Keys nudes or something? He kept her in check with Med-X I thought.....or was she just self-medicating to cope with the whole Sinclair vs Dean mess....

    submitted by /u/Metreon_Cascade
    [link] [comments]

    At what point/level should I start the DLCs?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 02:46 PM PST

    From 2011 to now, I'd had a sort of rule for myself that, once I hit level 30, no matter what I was doing at the time, I would start Dead Money. Not sure why, but it seemed semi-logical at the time. I then had the rule of 35 = Honest Hearts, 40 = Old World Blues, 45 = Lonesome Road

    One issue with that is, as a psychopath obsessed with killing, skill checks, and hacking everything humanly possible, I gained levels from the DLCs quite rapidly, and the quests in them are pretty generous with the amount of XP they give. This tended to mean that I'd do all four stories in pretty much one long slog.

    And I think that's quite inorganic. I'd like to spread out each experience with some vanilla Mojave exploring, sort of like a palette cleanser. I'm thinking starting each DLC at different points in the main plot would be a nice way of doing it, but I'm not sure how best to organise it.

    Here's a rough idea of how my character/playthrough are planned out:

    • So I'm going to go along with House for a while, but not long at all; I have it in my head that my Courier would grow uncomfortable with the idea of giving so much power to just one man who hides himself away from his subjects

    • After this, I'll do a bunch of NCR quests, though I'm not sure how far along I want to go in this story

    • Finally, after Lonesome Road, I think my Courier will have a change of heart and want to establish Vegas as an independent power, free of both the NCR and Legion

    So, TLDR: When do you recommend I begin each DLC?

    submitted by /u/Crimson_Knight77
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment