• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 30, 2019

    Fallout | Local game store went out of business. Managed to score this sweet piece of nostalgia :)

    Fallout | Local game store went out of business. Managed to score this sweet piece of nostalgia :)


    Local game store went out of business. Managed to score this sweet piece of nostalgia :)

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 09:06 AM PST

    I’m halfway through my first Fallout 2 play through and this last line of dialogue really cracked me up

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 08:20 PM PST

    Why is there an anti fallout 3 community?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 11:12 PM PST

    Not really to rant or complain but there is this odd group/clmmunity that i have found that really dislikes fallout 3. You might recognize the name fandom tribal and his alts. Where if you defend fallout 3 or 4 he has a stroke on the keyboard and calls you bugthestard. He was a fierce and brave keyboard warrior on the battlefield know as "fallout 3 is better than you think"'s comment section. Hashing and slashing bugthestards left and right.

    There is also this guy who made 2 part response videos to many a true nerds fallout 3 defense video, one of which is 3 hours long to an hour and a half video.

    And fandom tribal is a brought up name in their comment section. Logical phallusy/ thomas bucket was their and its like this sort of community there the way they talk about each other. And they write fucking essays about why jon is wrong and fallout 3 is stupid and dumb.

    You can also see this because some other guy is also making their own response video to hbomberguys review and its a very small series but the like to dislike ratios are not that good and in the comments people call him fallout 3 fanboy with the laugjing/crying emojie with no refutations to any of his points.

    Honestly, as a hardcore fallout 3 fan. Fallout 3 is slowly dying away in irrelevance in the shadow of new vegas only being brought back to life for brief moments like in the new good fight update to creation club. I cant see why these guys are still writing essays and documentaries about the fucking game.

    Why are they wasting so much time on this? Why are they still talking about fucking 3, why not 4 or 76? They are wasting time on a soon to be forgoten game that came out 11 years ago. Reminds me of when i was a fallout 3 keyboard warrior and would defend fallout 3 at all costs and i just gave up because it doesnt matter when Bethesda keeps fucking up the franchise and obsidian releases gets more praise. The most i can do is play the fucking game on my ps3 and enjoy it. And why shouldnt i? Its a great game.

    submitted by /u/yu0999
    [link] [comments]

    Advantages of PC Fallout

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 12:29 PM PST

    I've been using a playstation to play Fallout 3, New Vegas, Fallout 4, and Fallout 76. I built a pc not too long ago, and since Steam has dropped the price on the GOTY Edition and Skyrim SE combo. Is it worth $30 USD or should stick with the playstation. I also like the concept of mods being more accessible on PC.

    submitted by /u/BudLightyear07
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 can have some absolutely beautiful storytelling

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 11:55 PM PST

    I've been replaying for the umpteenth time and while the main quest is notoriously weak, the little quests in this game can be so charming and engaging. Aside from quests, the environmental storytelling overall really is great. I replayed Agatha's Song and while exploring Vault 92, I decided to take my time, collect all the holotapes, and read the terminals, whatnot. The story of Vault 92 might just be one of my favorite Fallout stories. The base idea of a vault full of renowned musicians has tons of potential and I felt so sad reading the terminal entries of one of the music students while knowing their ultimate fate. The quest reward is really distinct and satisfying, for me at least. I just love the idea of the Lone Wanderer disintegrating supermutants while listening to Agatha's tunes for having helped her out, classy as fuck. It's a great little story arc.

    submitted by /u/mikeymanza
    [link] [comments]

    Best radio station across the games

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:40 AM PST

    For me, I have to say its Fallout 4. I know music is very subjective but I thought the ridiculous over jolly songs about uranium and wandering/travelling with freedom to do so in a nuclear apocalypse was a hilarious juxtaposition. I don't know if its a cultural thing given dark humour and irony is our calling card, but I thought it nailed the false optimism of the nuclear gold rush in the fallout universe and the idea those songs were the mainstay of the time against the backdrop of the commonwealth cracked me up.

    I don't see why the songs roundly get so much hate, I thought it was a great tongue in cheek joke the whole way through. Plus they were catchy.

    submitted by /u/AllThingTrivial
    [link] [comments]

    Skipping the Courser Fight

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 08:43 PM PST

    In Fallout 4, you can skip the courser fight at Greenetech Genetics entirely by giving Mama Murphy some Jet beforehand and getting the shutdown code. Why don't I ever see anyone use this? People make a big deal of this fight, but in all my playthroughs, I just give Mama some drugs and it makes it a whole heck of a lot easier. Is this just something people don't realize exists?

    submitted by /u/oof-png
    [link] [comments]

    Was the bathrobe in there the entire time?!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 08:02 PM PST

    OKAY, OOOOKAYYY!

    I, like many a fallout fanboy, bought fallout 4 THE DAY it released. And like many have played it an ungodly number of times across many play throughs. And just now, not 3 minutes ago I finally found a "bathrobe" in one of my vendors inventory. And after buying it am simply astonished and amazed. I love it immensely. HOWEVER I refuse to admit this has been in the game this whole time.

    Can someone tell me if this got added in with one of the dlc's or some shit.

    P.S. I do not mod.

    submitted by /u/JJamesMorley
    [link] [comments]

    "Fallout 3 10th anniversary OST" came today

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 02:36 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/4EGjj9n

    Great little vinyl collection, some pictures of whats inside here. My favorite bit is the GNR collection featuring several of my favorite songs on any Fallout radio station!

    submitted by /u/iPurplePanties
    [link] [comments]

    Well over 500 hours into FO4 before I finally just discovered Walden Pond

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 07:42 PM PST

    It's just fucking insane to me how these games always just keep on giving, even if it's simple things. Just wanted to share.

    Anyone else had experiences like this, or just me?

    submitted by /u/LegendGamer320
    [link] [comments]

    TIL legendary allies will have a legendary item that you can pickpocket. Later on, that ally won't respawn but the item will, making them an infinite source of legendaries (so long as you don't kill them, duh)

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 11:58 AM PST

    is it possible to add more mod space on Xbox?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 12:40 AM PST

    Basucally wondering if it's possible to get more mod space / download mods from other sources, since I know it is possible to get mods for Minecraft with some apps.

    submitted by /u/AstralTewch
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 is flawed but I feel like it gets too much hate on this sub

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:45 AM PST

    I know the Bethesda sucks circlejerk is strong (honestly understandable considering Fallout 76) and Fallout 4 is not as good as NV..but it's still a good game imho.

    I was playing The Outer Worlds and considering how hyped up it was by Obsidian fans..its a pretty medicore game. Only thing it does better is the dialogue system. The gameplay and world are atrocious compared to Fallout 4 and the writing pales compared to New Vegas.

    Yet reddit circlejerks over it like its this amazing game while Fallout 4 is dog shit. Wtf

    submitted by /u/FanEu7
    [link] [comments]

    Im disappointed once again during a Fallout 4 Playthrough.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 10:55 PM PST

    This time around, I was role playing as Nate. If I was a father that was hell bent on finding my son, the brotherhood would be who I would go with hands down. Since Nate has a military backround, it makes sense that he would be comfortable with that faction, not to mention the extensive resources they have at their disposal.

    I played through the main quest like normal. However, when the situation with Danse happens, I thought it would make sense that Nate would have a change of heart, and leave the brotherhood for the railroad since Danse was a comrade. However, upon reaching the railroad... they hate me because im "allied" with the institute. Lovely. If you were actually playing as "Nate" it would make sense for him to be blown out of his rage induced pursuit of his child, especially since he knows Sean really isnt Sean anymore. I dont know, it just made me really dissapointed. From an immersive standpoint, I never saw the practically of siding with the minutemen. My son has been kidnapped but im going to spend months, or more reasonably years rebuilding an essentially dead faction? Definetly not. I guess that's the only option I have left now to progress the story. Its not a massive deal... but still I feel like once Maxon does what he does to Danse there should be some diolouge with the railroad. Something like, "Ive seen how far they can go, and I no longer can stomach their ideals" or something like that.

    Oh well. Looks like a new settlement has been marked on my map.

    submitted by /u/SilverSparrow32
    [link] [comments]

    I am now the owner of all the major games in the franchise thanks to steams autumn sale

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:05 PM PST

    So I just heard new music I've never heard before on Diamond City Radio? (40 hours into first playthrough of Fallout 4)

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 02:37 AM PST

    I'm level 31 (completed main quest through the Institute) and was playing the Silver Shroud questline, then all the sudden I needed to help defend Tenpines Bluff. And right before I fast traveled, I noticed something out of the ordinary on Diamond City Radio.

    The song "Train, Train" came on, which through my whole playthrough hasn't played a single time on DCR. I know it's on the soundtrack of F4, but I haven't heard it on the game till now.

    I'm sure this is just part of the game, but I'm 40 hours into my first playthrough of Fallout 4 and I've had DCR playing nonstop, always hearing the same ol' tunes. But this is the first time I've ever heard this song played on the radio station. Is there something I'm unaware of? Is this a bug? Does Travis break records and get new ones? Is there a reason I'm shitting my pants?

    submitted by /u/DodgingJungle
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get Fallout 3 or Fallout Classic Collection?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 02:32 AM PST

    I want to ask here because the first three a lot different to the fourth one, and I want to know whether people value one game better than the three of them. I might be able to get all of them, but for now I'm picking between these two.

    Sorry if you get questions like this all the time.

    EDIT: Fallout 3 is GOTY edition, they are the same price.

    The Classic Collection is 1, 2 and Tactics.

    submitted by /u/Kleask10
    [link] [comments]

    Curie the sneaky sneak-thief

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 01:57 PM PST

    My wife entered Hubris Comics for the first time in this playthrough, with a newly-humanoid Curie in tow. As expected, the ghouls jumped up to attack, and we realized that she had not equipped Curie with any weapons. Uh oh!

    Except Curie promptly grabbed Grognak's Axe out of it's display case and started swinging. Isn't that case usually locked?

    submitted by /u/FrenchKisstheDevil
    [link] [comments]

    I am using a laptop that want meant for gaming, is there any mods or way that I can take out grass for fallout 4? There's so much of it that its taking my fps way down to the point that its very annoying

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:30 PM PST

    What happened to your character after the end of Fallout 4?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 12:59 PM PST

    Due to the lack of ending slides like in previous Fallout games with information of what happened after, I thought it would be a pretty decent idea for us all to share what we think would happen to our characters after the events of the game.

    Maxine, distraught by the death of Cait and the atrocities committed by her in the Commonwealth soon went missing in the line of duty. The Minutemen, left without a leader, appointed Preston Garvey to substitute for her as the acting General of the Commonwealth Minutemen. The Railroad aided the Minutemen in searching for Maxine, but efforts to trace her steps seemed useless, even to a detective like Nick.

    Nothing remained except a holotape with tape simply reading "A tape for a friend." Gathered around a table in New Covenant, Desdemona, Deacon, Nick, Piper, MacCready and Preston listened to it together.

    bzzzt: // static
    "We tried..."
    "We tried to stop them from killing innocent people."
    "The Minutemen have failed. "
    "Our Alliance with the Railroad was forged to save synths. But instead, Desdemona turned us into murderers."
    Deep breath
    "The Commonwealth is doomed, there is no hope."
    "I'm so sorry, Preston, I never meant for this to happen."
    "When I served in Anchorage during the war, I shot and killed two unarmed soldiers in the heat of a firefight. To my officer and my squad, I didn't have a choice. It was war, it was by pure instinct. Ever since I shot those raiders at Concord, I assumed brutal murder was the norm in this world."
    "I allowed myself to accept it."
    "I killed for money, I killed for my friends, I killed because I thought I was making a difference."
    "There were kids aboard the Prydwen. Kids that couldn't make it out in time. Good people, blown to pieces because they were expected to believe in the unknown."
    "The Children Of Atom were good people led astray, yet we couldn't save them. Any of them."
    "The Institute contained good people, who we treated as war criminals. After the destruction of their home, we shot them, murdered them, made them examples."
    "We secured the existence for Gen 3 synths, but at what cost?"
    "They died martyrs, we will die butcherers."
    "This is General Maxine "Bullseye" Kennedy, God help us all."
    // static

    On October 23rd 2288, exactly a year after she had thawed out of the cryo pod, Bullseye stood over Cait and Nate's grave. The glow of Diamond City in the distance, rain shooting down from the skies overlooking Sanctuary. Deacon had went back to Vault 111 to go looking for her, and spotted her with an endless sprawl of tears running down her leather jacket. "Bullseye!" he shouted, before a gunshot was heard in the distance and Conrad Kellogg's pistol decorated both Cait and Nate's grave with blood."

    Bullseye died in Deacon's arms, who buried her there. Her death inspired him to leave the Railroad, and soon the Railroad was nothing more than a figment of the past. Bullseye was seen as a hero to majority of the Commonwealth, but after her death more people started seeing her, the Minutemen and the Railroad as villains who aggressively destroy any opposition, no matter the cost.

    Despite this, the Commonwealth Minutemen carried on strong up until later that year, where the Gunners attacked Quincy with the aid of a few raider groups mostly assembled of former BoS patrols. Preston was killed trying to save Quincy and the lack of leadership was once again a major issue for the rapidly decaying Minutemen. While they managed to stay present in Diamond City and Goodneighbour, the Minutemen's presence in the rest of the Commonwealth was long forgotten by 2294, and most had accepted that a Commonwealth Provisionary Government was just too good to be true.

    Talk to any former Railroad agents and they'll tell you that Bullseye saved an entire race of people from slavery and genocide. Talk to any former Minutemen soldiers and they'll tell you General Maxine Kennedy was a hero who embodied the values of the Minutemen.

    submitted by /u/Cheers4Me
    [link] [comments]

    How unplayable is fallout 3 on steam?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 12:39 AM PST

    The reviews on steam say fallout 3 is completely unplayable on current pc's. Is this exaggerated, or accurate? And if so can it be fixed with mods?

    submitted by /u/legolastheking7
    [link] [comments]

    I played Fallout 4 all day today

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 12:06 AM PST

    The game crashed more than 10 times, just because I have a few mods installed that I know are compatible. Wtf Bethesda?

    submitted by /u/Troi_Dat_Boi
    [link] [comments]

    Whats your wierdest but at the same time badass combo of clothing and weaponry in New Vegas ?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 10:57 AM PST

    So i always use the NCR Veteran Ranger Combat Armour. I just feel it the most badass. Last time i played i got the two unique versions in the devide, probably will get them again since i got dead money left and then Lonesome Road. My weapons are mostly standard ranger weapons, Anti-material rifle, ( this time the GRA version witch is maxed out ) hunting rifle, and hunting shotguns ( Dinner bell included ). So far so good, alot of my build is based on crits in vats and stealth/sneak attacks but my crazy weapons are the Light in shining darknes pistol ( silenced 45 too ) and the Katana from GRA. Probably the inly ranger in NCR that has a katana for some reason. What are your most funny but badass builds ?

    submitted by /u/tinom56
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment