• Breaking News

    Friday, November 22, 2019

    Fallout | The Divide is hauntingly beautiful.

    Fallout | The Divide is hauntingly beautiful.


    The Divide is hauntingly beautiful.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 06:40 PM PST

    What is your headcanon for why Nora is skilled with weapons/survival?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 08:56 AM PST

    For Nate, it makes sense why he's a total badass. He's a soldier. Nora however, was a lawyer. How is she so skilled with guns, settlement upkeep, power armor, etc? My personal headcanon is that her father was a cop and former soldier, and raised her to be able to take care of herself if something ever happened. Being a former soldier, he was pretty damn sure something bad was gonna go down. What about you guys?

    submitted by /u/KillerQueen724
    [link] [comments]

    why did bethesda decide to abandon skill checks in fallout 4?

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 12:47 AM PST

    i'm playing through fallout 4 and it's just baffling to me why they would do this. i don't think anyone complains about there being skill checks. thats one of my favorite things about new vegas, the fact that there's so many, but even fallout 3 had a decent amount of them so it's not like they just don't know how to implement them. it just gives no room for replayability as far as dialogue is concerned. you're not gonna replay the game with a different build and get a skill check for a skill you didn't use last playthrough and be surprised about it, unlike in fallout 3 and new vegas. it's just so backwards to me i really don't understand why'd they do it.

    submitted by /u/StraightRip
    [link] [comments]

    Oh boy, the Desdemona glitch STILL EXISTS

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 07:02 PM PST

    I have had Fallout 4 since 2015, and I have played this thing's near-every mission countless times. However, in understanding that these scale of multi-ending, open world games don't come very often, I've made sure to take my time exploring every faction's quest line.

    I'm currently attempting the railroad questioned, and have reached the infamous point of "Warn Desdemona", and wouldn't you know it, THE GLITCH FROM 4 YEARS AGO STILL EXISTS. Even now, almost half a decade later, they haven't bothered to patch a bug that impedes an entire ending from occurring. And I can't even go to check on some obscure shit from 6 days ago, like: "didya make sure to only buy 237 .45 ammo in Diamond City on Christmas", because it's survival. Glad one of the most glaring flaws in my favorite game was never paid any attention.

    Fuck you, Bethesda

    Edit: just massacred the Railroad. I actually just stared at their corpses and felt indescribably sickened. Props to the writers for making me genuinely hate killing one of the factions

    submitted by /u/xephos10006
    [link] [comments]

    The institute realistically could not lose

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 09:20 AM PST

    Without the sole survivor no one could get inside and the institute could take out every faction by themselves

    submitted by /u/Hunterthergrandmelon
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth keeping the power armour at the start of Fallout 4?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 10:34 AM PST

    I started playing Fallout 4 and got past the mission with the power armour and the Deathclaw and, I was wondering if I should keep the power armour? Cause I don't really know if it's worth carrying that heavy power armour around.

    submitted by /u/usernamecringe
    [link] [comments]

    What other post-apocalyptic games do Fallout players like?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 05:42 PM PST

    I got into post-apocalyptic games as a kid who lived through the Cold War and the constant threat of nuclear annihilation (I lived within several km of no less than two different nuclear missile installations). Sometime in the late 80s, I ran across a DOS based strategy game called Roadwar 2000, discovering Wasteland a year later. Fast forward to 1996, Fallout was released as "spiritual ancestor to Wasteland" and I've been following in the franchise since. Recently, I played Wasteland 2 and am eagerly awaiting the 2020 franchise followup.

    With that in mind, I'd be interested how people here got interested in the genre? What other post-apocalyptic games have been memorable for you? Which would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/DieMensch-Maschine
    [link] [comments]

    Playing a Sarcastic SS is amazingly sad/hysterical.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 09:31 PM PST

    So I decided to try a new RP. This SS is focused one on thing and one thing only: finding Shaun. She's going to do whatever it takes in order to track him down. The ends justify the means. However, she's also pretty fed up with the world she's woken up in. So she's coping by being a snarky bitch most of the time.

    I hadn't usually picked sarcastic options in my other runs, I was always a serious goody two shoes. And I started off this run by having her basically have a mental breakdown when she first met up with Codsworth. After taking some time to adjust though, she's determined as all hell to find her son. But she's still broken by what happened, and is masking it with humor. Unless the situation is very serious, she's snarky. It's the only way she can cope. Laugh to avoid crying. Laugh to keep moving forward.

    It's actually quite sad when you think about it. This run, I'm going to have her lead the Institute in the end. She'll become a lot more serious once she's the director, and has hope for the future. Right now though?

    "Next stop, the Railroad! Choo choo!"

    submitted by /u/KillerQueen724
    [link] [comments]

    Mods for New Vegas

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 02:21 AM PST

    Hi, I just brought New Vegas on PC and I am very interested in the modding community. Do you have any tips/mods that would be nice to install before starting a new game for the first time?

    submitted by /u/M1CHE4L
    [link] [comments]

    Just got the pip boy screen and the pip boy stand

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 09:34 PM PST

    They arrived today and I'm so happy! I now have all components except for the Geiger counter. So o cow they release that, I'll be making a video on the full assembly including the actual pipboy. Stay tuned!

    submitted by /u/Cameran_Nicephore
    [link] [comments]

    First run with DLCs almost over and starting to plan a second playthrough

    Posted: 22 Nov 2019 12:44 AM PST

    Just finished Dead Money after finishing Honest Hearts and Old World Blues earlier this week. I'd say personally that DM was weakest of the three even though I was kind of excited to see Elijah after all the hype in the main game and OWB. All things considered I should've known he would be kind of a dick. Don't know what I expected. Not saying that the DLC was bad but being a pussy and never even watching horror movies it was kind of daunting for me.

    Anyways one DLC left and I cannot wait to meet Ulysses! I'm just going to presume he's kind of a dick too. After the DLC Yes Man is waiting for me to travel to the dam and finish my first playthrough with any of the DLCs.

    I still have about a week left of absolutely no responsibilities so I'll propably start a second playthrough. This time I played kind of a jack-of-all-trades with neutral karma and doing quests for every faction. Except Forlorn hope because I accidentally slaughtered the camp in the beginning. Didn't know any better.

    I was thinking what have been your most memorable playthrough of New Vegas? Good or bad karma? Weapon of choice? Any RP-restrictions? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Mougga
    [link] [comments]

    Do you ever wish you could erase your memory if your first Fallout 4 playthrough?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 08:35 PM PST

    I clearly remember my first playthrough, sitting on my sofa and sobbing during the opening credits (I'm a cry baby, okay? 😂) and just in total shock at everything. I remember having goosebumps as I walked through the world the first time and just in awe. Then I remeber being really jealous of my bf when I introduced him to the game. How about you? Wish you could experience your first playthrough again? What was your first playthrough like?

    submitted by /u/Fake_Gamer_Cat
    [link] [comments]

    [Fallout 4] Will Bethesda ever increase the 2GB cap for mods on console back to 4GB?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 06:57 PM PST

    Title really says it all. I know they did it because some people bricked their consoles but seriously give the console plebs like me some leeway to really have fun in Fallout 4.

    Again.

    submitted by /u/yourhighuncle
    [link] [comments]

    i was wondering why no one ever bought anything from my vending machines

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 04:21 AM PST

    and i just realized i was supposed to plug them to a generator for them to actually work and be seen by others 🤡

    submitted by /u/pawcaw
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 1 cathedral bug? Can someone help?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 11:14 PM PST

    So I went to the cathedral and realized I was way under prepared. I left and did a few quest to get better gear and the power armour. When I came back though, and tried to go to the room with the staircase behind the screens on the first level, a super mutant in that room kills me with a minigun. I have robes on, shouldn't that be disguising me? I don't know what to do.

    submitted by /u/UserApproaches
    [link] [comments]

    An idea for pyscho:

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 11:06 PM PST

    How would you feel if taking pycho had a chance to make your character strip naked? Both for comedic effect, balance purposes, and in keeping with it's PCP roots.

    submitted by /u/cinisxiii
    [link] [comments]

    I'm interested in getting the Nuka-World DLC. I was wondering, is it worth it?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 04:53 PM PST

    I played through all of fallout and I want some more content. It looks pretty intriguing but I'm still skeptical.

    submitted by /u/p_a_s_t_a_s_a_u_c_e
    [link] [comments]

    As a person who doesn't like insects how are you supposed to play fallout.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 09:41 PM PST

    So I am Currently playing NV My 1st fallout Game And WTF there are these Giant Insects, As soon as I've seen the Scorpion I started to feel uncomfortable, Then after I killed it I continue to do my objectives, Then I saw those Creepy Flies I have felt really uncomfortable like they are crawling to me, And then suddenly I realized that there are also Giant Cockroaches So I Exited the game. IDK how will I continue in this game anymore I just don't like Insects.

    submitted by /u/PotatoFIXIT
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout Quest Notepad

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 08:07 PM PST

    Are there notepads in existence that resemble a quest list from any of the Fallout franchise games? This would be a great resource for getting tasks done IRL.

    submitted by /u/hotdogsandwristers
    [link] [comments]

    Although I love Fallout 4's weapon crafting, (some of) the weapon designs look absolutely horrible.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 11:35 AM PST

    Seriously. While I think some weapons look OKAY (Namely the Gauss Rifle, 10mm, and the Hunting Rifle) some of the weapons are meh. Weapons like the Combat Rifle, Institute Laser, And The Laser Musket.

    But the worst offender is the Assault Rifle. The. Fucking. Assault. Rifle.

    What is that unholy piece of used condom!? It looks like a fucking machine gun! A FUCKING MACHINE GUN!

    In three we had a cool retro G3 styled weapon. In NV we had a C.A.R. 15 style carbine. So why the bloody hell does 4 have a Lewis/MG-42 hybrid called an Assault Rifle?!

    submitted by /u/Meatloaf_Hitler
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to get back into Fallout 4.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 09:35 PM PST

    I played Fallout 3 and then Fallout: New Vegas recently. I then tried to play Fallout 4, but can't get into it. I have beaten Fallout 4 and liked it in the past, but right now it feels a little shallow. I play on Xbox and I was looking for mods that make the gameplay closer to Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Not really looking for graphics mods.

    submitted by /u/Morro348
    [link] [comments]

    New person (Thanks for sorting by new)

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 09:26 PM PST

    I am relatively new to the fallout community, and have currently not purchased any of the games yet, which one (FO3, FNV, or FO4) should I get first, and which DLCs are worth getting for that game? Other advice welcome.

    submitted by /u/An_Imgflipper
    [link] [comments]

    Just discovered the University Point secret.

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 09:11 PM PST

    Basically been playing this game since it came out - 4 straight years, I've always had a play-through going. I play on PS4, no mods(because thanks Sony), and always survival mode. I'm level 69 and haven't even played the DLC's or killed the Institute courser yet.

    All this gameplay time and I just discovered the University Point credit union.

    Go check it out if you haven't already! Really cool secret there.

    P.S. make sure you have master lock picking unlocked.

    submitted by /u/daBEARS40
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else having problems logging into their bethesda.net profiles after the update today?

    Posted: 21 Nov 2019 03:12 PM PST

    I can't go into creation club or mods after the fallout 3 style update for fallout 4

    submitted by /u/Caboose1122
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment