• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 23, 2021

    Fallout: New Vegas | Just got new Vegas this gonna be a blast!

    Fallout: New Vegas | Just got new Vegas this gonna be a blast!


    Just got new Vegas this gonna be a blast!

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 07:35 AM PST

    Drew the Courier walking the Mojave, as they do!

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 05:32 PM PST

    He looks like Han solo now

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 05:37 AM PST

    January 23rd: It's cold enough that I won't last long on the high mound up next to Red Gate.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 12:41 AM PST

    Made this odd thing

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 03:28 PM PST

    Enclave Vertibird with a Setting Sun on the Back

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:24 AM PST

    My review of The Frontier after finishing my first playthrough - Spoilers

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 04:36 AM PST

    I just finished an NCR playthrough of The Frontier and felt strongly enough to write a review about it, fair warning, I won't be holding back any plot points so big spoilers ahead.

    Before I start I just wanna give my overall recommendation: Absolutely play it, it's not perfect, but it is phenomenal. The weakest points in my opinion were some of the plot points and dialogue, but the map, world-building, quests, and npcs were absolutely top notch, some of my favorites. There's so much to say about all aspects of it I feel like I have to go section by section for this

    The World: By far the mods biggest strength. It isn't just big, it's incredibly refined and detailed, you can tell years of love and effort went into creating it. The snowy city setting feels fresh, seeing how all the clothes have the cold designed for them is immersive and the world is littered with lore on who the factions are, how they came to be, and how their leaders rose to power. All of the areas are extremely memorable too, the NCR airforce base was amazing, seeing the sheer size of it with the vertibirds taking off, tanks moving, and then introduction with the firing course was awesome. Junkflea was another great area, it definitely felt like a town run by scavengers and The Slums is one of my favorite poor areas in any Fallout game. It's all very varied too, you have the actual city, you have the forests outside with animals and tribals, you have various factions controlling certain parts of map, it's great. I missed so much on my first playthrough and I was trying to be thorough.

    The Writing: Opening with the mods biggest strength, I feel I should follow it up with my biggest critique on the mod, and that's the writing. I don't think the writing was bad, in fact for a mod it was quite good, but with how high quality the mod was, it just felt worse in comparison. I thought Blackthorne was a little one dimensional, and Wolfpack was cool, but their I didn't have enough time to be attached with them for their deaths to be super meaningful. I was sad, just not the type of sad where I still feel it when their deaths are still brought up at the end of the game. The writing wasn't bad overall I just thought it fell a little flat is all. I thought the legion was written really well though, out in the world you won't just meet people who have been hurt by the legion, you'll meet people who like their lifestyles under the legion. There's 1 town that survives on trade, and when you talk to them about paying taxes to the legion, they say they prefer it over the NCR. The legion will just take the tax and leave them alone, where as the NCR will tax them and still impose their rules on the town. I thought that was an interesting way of seeing it, and I felt like it did a good job of giving us more perspective on the legion, without ever trying to make them the good guys.

    The Quests/Missions: Man oh man, I know I said the world was my favorite but the quests absolutely blew me away. There was one in particular that I did early on that really just set in the bar in quality for the how the mod was gonna be. It was a skyscraper that you're sent to investigate after several NCR squads have gone radio silent in, and immediately something is off. It makes good use of lighting, it doesn't jump right out at you, and lets you explore around a bit, reading a bit about the area before hitting you with the horror elements. Objects moving when you aren't looking at them, mannequins blocking doorways you just went through, and it as you push through the building, fighting corrupted soldiers, it gives you little hints of lore, leading you along with intrigue as you go through, and I won't spoil the whole quest but man it was great. The quest rewards all feel good too, they're unique and have flavor to them, they aren't just guns with stats on them. Another of my favorite areas was the NCR space station mission, man oh man, that whole area just had my jaw on the floor. The sheer scope of it, and how well it's handled, come together so well. It's so atmospheric, combined with a plethora of new, diverse enemies and equipment, paced very well with plot hooks that just stay interesting. One of my favorite areas in all of Fallout.

    The NPCs: The NPCs in this are great, the voice acting isn't Triple A, but it's by far the best I've ever seen in a mod. Some people will have that same, mod-like cheapness to them, but I swear other people will have such smooth and natural voices, I could hear them in the Mojave and think they were base game material. The best as far as voice acting goes that I can think of are Tiberius Rancor, AJ, and Legate Valerius, all very good NPCs that have a lot to say. Blackthorne was pretty decent too. I think the mod does a good job of keeping that balance that New Vegas had, between the serious and the wacky. The world was full of interesting NPCs who all had their motivations and things to say on the state of the world, but every now and then you would meet someone who would just make you laugh, or be given an option to do something crazy. Visiting The Slums of Junkflea, essentially Freeside but even more poor, there was a man contemplating suicide and you could share in his love for poetry, convincing him out of it, or you could give him a helping hand and shove him off. NPCs feel organic, but afterall you're the courier, and the wasteland gets wacky when you're around.

    Your Choices: It wouldn't be New Vegas without choices, and yes they matter. You get a lot of choices throughout the game and none of them feel unimportant, or like they're just filler. One that stood out to me in the game was when I was infiltrating the legion stronghold Ostia, I was moving around stealthily, getting between areas with various disguises, until I need to fight in the arena to progress. Alright, fair enough, until at the very end the final person you needed to kill was a captured NCR soldier in less of a fight and more of an execution. He's a minor npc, who doesn't really matter, and after going through all that sneaking it would be pretty easy to just kill him and move on undetected. Instead though, I decided to compromise it all and go guns blazing to save him, some random NCR soldier I just met, for seemingly no reason. Well, later on during one of the final missions, he comes to help you in an important stand, and hes piloting a captured mech with some serious stats. It felt like a minor choice that wasn't at all forced on me, and yet the game recognized it and made it important later on. That felt really good, and the games littered with choices just like it.

    Overall: Honestly, there's too much to write, I wrote all of this and barely scratched the surface but I really just can't overpraise this mod. Again, it isn't perfect, but the dedication and effort put into it are mind blowing. Not to mention the mod pretty much never handles itself poorly. It's all very high quality stuff which surprised me the most. I know that some of the dialogue and VA work can fall flat, especially early on in the game, but once you get out there and on your own, just exploring the world left for it, the mod truly reaches its full potential and becomes something great. Playing through it I felt like I was playing New Vegas for the first time again, and for that joyous experience, I thank the mod team for all the amazing work they've done.

    submitted by /u/CreamGravyPCMR
    [link] [comments]

    Never saw it coming......

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:17 AM PST

    I made New Vegas in the city building game Cities: Skylines.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 01:51 PM PST

    I'm looking to find the best armor mods, which ones do you guys think are the best?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 07:51 AM PST

    I've been doing research for a modded playthrough of Fallout New Vegas. I was thinking about armor mods. What are some of the best? Whether it's because you logistically know them to be the best or if you just believe that they add a little something special, I want to hear them.

    submitted by /u/Pathfinderdreamer
    [link] [comments]

    Haven’t played this in over a decade since I was in high school and had an Xbox 360. Recently got a gaming PC and the rest is history....

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 02:26 PM PST

    Is 15+ hours of NV a day too much?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 02:34 AM PST

    NCR hostile even though they Idolize me...

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:40 AM PST

    Hi! So as the title says i have any issue/bug where the NCR attack me on sight even though I am idolized by them. I am not wearing any faction outfits, putting on an NCR outfits makes them neutral but as soon as unequip the armor they turn hostile. I have tried several thing that has been suggested in other threads such as waiting, console commands, going back to old saves, unequipping and reequipping faction armor etc, however nothing seems to work.

    To give a little more context as to when the problem appeared, I have recently built a new computer and I wanted to continue my playthrough from before I built the new computer. Once I started the game on my new computer I loaded up my saves (with the exact same mods installed as before) and that is when every NCR soldier is hostile. I am one hundred percent sure they werent hostile on those same savefiles on my previous computer.

    Have anyone experienced this before? Any ideas as to how to solve it? Is there a mod that could fix it? Could it be a mod that is causing it? (even though my game is only lightly modded and I have not added any mod since my I played on my previous computer)

    Any and all help is much appreciated!

    Edit, it seems not only is the NCR soldiers hostile, but traveling merchants, prospectors and mercenaries as well...

    submitted by /u/Blomkol1
    [link] [comments]

    Random gambler at the Ultra-Luxe decided to play a hand...

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 08:51 PM PST

    Random gambler at the Ultra-Luxe decided to play a hand...

    Random "gambler" NPC took over the Black Jack table and let me play. When I was done, he put down the cards and just walked away. Ultra-Luxe employee got a 10 minute break, I guess.

    https://preview.redd.it/p0hqr809j0d61.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=0c9b4da80b6463f7607c1c6eefb9f8dfc3a2a295

    submitted by /u/Florida_Man_Revolt
    [link] [comments]

    Keller not at Miguel's Pawn Shop

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:25 AM PST

    I'm currently doing the "Dealing with Contreras" unmarked side quest. I'm at the point know where I'm supposed to talk to Keller at Miguel's Pawn Shop. However, when I entered Miguel's Pawn Shop, Keller is no where to be found, only Miguel is there. How do I fix this, or do I have to wait?

    submitted by /u/TheGamer8904
    [link] [comments]

    So does anyone remember these glitches

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:19 AM PST

    The T-posing skeletons The grenades/thrown weapons with CND missing Walking backwards with your weapon in hand Camera glitching out during V.A.T.S and crashing your game Pip-boy taking a second or two to show display Invisible Power Armor Keys not spawning in at all Combat Music starting for no reason Missing textures Enemies standing in there idle animation while also screaming death threats Bodies spaghetti-ifying Floating gibs Bodies just flying around for no reason Black boxes appearing on the screen that'd sometimes break the game

    ...that's Vegas baby

    submitted by /u/Pridefull_Furry
    [link] [comments]

    Hey I just got new Vegas on Xbox 1

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:17 AM PST

    I just got new Vegas and most the dlcs but for some reason I cant download old world blues and some of the packs, they just say unavailable, why is this.

    submitted by /u/sirbopnbop06
    [link] [comments]

    MCM says it's been activated but not appearing in pause menu

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:14 AM PST

    I use darnified ui and I fixed the conflicting files the right way. When I loaded my game I got the notification that MCM has been installed, but there was no Config menu in the pause screen. What do?

    submitted by /u/TheBullGat0r
    [link] [comments]

    Finished Old World Blues with a good ending. I cried.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:37 AM PST

    There was something so strangely human and comforting about that DLC and ending.

    submitted by /u/ItIsHappening2020
    [link] [comments]

    How to regularly use chems

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:27 AM PST

    I know this kinda sounds stupid, but how do I incorporate regular chem use into my character? a lot of my combat encounters tend to be 1-2 enemies, they never really require the use of chems even on hard difficulty.

    submitted by /u/BigManRufus
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else's Deathclaw clip through walls, or am I just unlucky?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 12:18 AM PST

    Cant use vortex to mod the game

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:00 AM PST

    When I try to install mods via vortex they don't install. All the Videos I watch think that I have installed mods before. Anyone have a suggestion on how to mod the game without a client

    submitted by /u/Imploding_cow
    [link] [comments]

    this belongs to r/punchablefaces

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 11:39 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment