• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 24, 2021

    Fallout | Can we please ban the "[Insert favorite Fallout game here] is good and [Insert Fallout game I dont like] is bad" posts?

    Fallout | Can we please ban the "[Insert favorite Fallout game here] is good and [Insert Fallout game I dont like] is bad" posts?


    Can we please ban the "[Insert favorite Fallout game here] is good and [Insert Fallout game I dont like] is bad" posts?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:21 AM PST

    We get it. You like Fallout. They're good games. You don't like a different Fallout game, most likely made by a different dev. Not surprising. The Bethesda and Obsidian/Interplay games have extremely different gameplay loops and focuses and thus cater to extremely different people. Maybe 4 years ago these posts actually added to varied discussion but now they just make me wish for a nuclear winter. I know its slow, but we're better than this. Maybe instead of being so general, you point out the specific aspect of what you like about the game to actually generate some kind of discussion more nuanced then "LOVE FALLOUT GAME", "HATE FALLOUT GAME", and "Its a good game but not a good FALLOUT game." Please mods. I'm begging.

    submitted by /u/Ultramaann
    [link] [comments]

    Girlfriend recently got me into 76 after having never played it due to popular opinion about it

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:40 PM PST

    Typical new vegas fanboy with 1000s of hours, love the whole series with 3/new vegas being close together for the top. I never did try 76 though because of all the backlash and thoughts about an online fallout being "meh" at best.

    What a mistake that was. I grew curious when they added NPC's to the game but didnt fully buy into it, I then met my girlfriend and I found out she's into fallout even more than I am!

    She bought 76 for me figuring we'd play together, thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm absolutely astounded at how pretty the game is, the atmosphere, the grindy-ness of it! I'm amazed that I slept on it for this long and we've really enjoyed playing it together and exploring Appalachia.

    submitted by /u/Turkeyblasta
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 motorcycle guy?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 12:08 AM PST

    I was listening to some raiders talk about a guy they ambushed and he started throwing rocks and making grenade sound affects then ran down the road making motorcycle noises.

    He's mentioned again by some raiders he's running past super mutants making motorbike noises with gear changes then reaching in an invisible bag and throwing nothing then making a bang sound and pretending to drive away.

    Does anyone know who this is and can I meet him.

    submitted by /u/HONZ9311
    [link] [comments]

    What is your job in the wasteland?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 11:15 PM PST

    Consider your self an average wastelander, no crazy skills. What would you do to make a cap? What would your job be in the wasteland?

    submitted by /u/Shocktrooper150
    [link] [comments]

    Do ghouls have pp’s?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:04 PM PST

    I don't know if this theme was brought up and I know it's extremely weird to discuss such a thing but anyway, once I saw browsing fallout on Pinterest and saw I pic of male ghoul having fun time with his hand and it got me thinking since when ghouls become themselves their connective tissue damages and they loose their nose and ear shouldn't it affect their pp as well?

    submitted by /u/Ghost-A01
    [link] [comments]

    The Frontier Mod Ain't Good

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 11:01 AM PST

    its a call of duty game with fallout paint job with story that gives you not a single reason to care and extreme overuse of.. im not sure what you call it but the "horrors of war" trope, constant enemys not dieing just laying on the ground screaming and other annoying things that are supposed to be realistic but dont work at all with the new vegas animations or graphics, oh god the graphics of this mod are so fucked its tons of different resolution textures shoved together some in the files up to 16k and tons of random unused assets left in the mod files aswell as stuff im pretty sure was taken from the unity asset store

    there is no choice of any meaning its just go here kill 1000 of this and that and these really jarring cutscenes along with playing as a different character for a time and HAVING REGENERATING HEALTH AND NEAR INFINITE AMMO TURNING IT INTO CALL OF DUTY EVEN MORESO, its bad story bad gameplay (shooting was never strongsuit of NV) makes no sense how these random ass NCR people have vertibirds they were made by the enclave and didnt exist prewar despite them being in anchorage simulation and begining of fallout 4 bethesda oversight as usual, GASLONE!!!! EVERYWHERE! HOW?? DID THEY FOGET THAT THE ENTIRE WAR WTH CHINA WAS FOR OIL????????? THERE SHOULD NOT BE A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE LAYING AROUND

    cars are fueled with jerrycans or flamer fuel?? did they forget that its all nuclear powered? the soliders of the NCR have modern bullet proof vests that dont exist in fallout cannon and the legion are NOTHING like the legion of new vegas, its immplied they are pagan cannibals now? they were based of rome but thats just insane its SO tryhard all the time with trying to be cool and edgy it falls flat as none of it has any substance whatsoever

    submitted by /u/Boat_is_Cool
    [link] [comments]

    The best and most ethical ending to Far Harbor is to kill DiMA and the Children of Atom (long; major spoilers)

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 12:27 PM PST

    The commonly regarded "best" ending to Far Harbor is to help DiMA do the Reformation quest and replace High Confessor Tektus with a synth imposter.

    Reformation certainly gets you the most goodies, you get a huge item from each faction. But, really, DiMA's peace is merely a band-aid over a cancer that has no cure. Without a living Acadia, Far Harbor would lose its Fog Condensers and die, but its leader is himself is the single most dangerous person on the Island. As for the Children of Atom faction, they are for many sound reasons too dangerous and homicidal to be left alive.

    First, on the Synths' leader. DiMA and his brother Nick Valentine seem to have been designed like Lore and Data from Star Trek: the Next Generation. Nick spends his life trying to reach a connection to humanity. DiMA, from first glance, has a very strong connection to humanity, but he is really a fraud, a hypocrite, and a monster.

    Doing Reformation leaves DiMA with full control of the Island. He speaks in this tortured emotional philosopher's voice, but really, he murdered Avery, replaced her, then hid the memory out of "torment" of it. And yet, the very first thing he does when you bring him the memory is plot another murder of the identical sort that he did with Avery. If you DO replace Tektus via Reformation and call DiMA a monster for it, he says to you in a monster's voice: "I can live with that. Can you?"

    DiMA is pretty much everything he claims to be AGAINST, in my opinion. He claims to hate what the Institute does, but his methodology is identical to the Institute's: replace people with synths and manipulate things from the shadows for your own ends. Behind his supposed desire for peace is the fact that he has a continency plan to destroy BOTH the Children of Atom (the nuclear launch key,) and Far Harbor (wind tunnel kill switch.)

    Yeah, with him in control, there is peace. But is it a REAL peace, to leave control of the future with this guy? Behind his ethical façade, he seems to be capable of pretty much anything that serves his ends. Acadia is the only way that Far Harbor's Fog Condensers can operate in the long term, a fact that Allen Lee doesn't seem to remember while assembling his lynch mob to burn Acadia to the ground. Acadia itself is filled with basically decent people. Remove the snake on top, and they'll live just fine alongside Far Harbor, like they always have.

    As regards to the Children of Atom needing a killing, just look at the Children of Atom in the Commonwealth itself: except in the Glowing Sea, they attack you on sight. This includes Children of Atom as random encounters. And, in the Commonwealth, you can placate some of them by saying you're part of Far Harbor's church, which means they all are aware of each other, rather than on bad terms.

    What I mean by this is, the Children in the Nucleus are aware of their counterparts in the Commonwealth and vice versa; they don't seem to ever speak badly of each other or their method of killing disbelievers, which is what the Church of Atom is really all about.

    Piper Wright, a good friend of the Sole Survivor, was nearly murdered by them. She escaped execution by thinking fast and pretending to have "seen Atom" and making an escape at the first opportunity. The matter she was researching was water that the Children poisoned. I also can't forget how Old Man Longfellow had to lose his wife and kid when the Children kidnapped her, pregnant, and brainwashed her. To the Children, it's all "Atom's will." A good-aligned Sole Survivor takes care of his friends and helps them deal with their enemies. I cannot see how he or she could overlook such a thing.

    The counterpart of Captain Avery in the Nucleus is High Confessor Tektus. The counterpart to Allen Lee, who is widely seen as the worst asshole in Far Harbor, is High Zealot Richter. Allen Lee IS a dangerous asshole, but he's still on the side of Far Harbor: he shoots the Children of Atom as threats to the settlement. He will cut you off from trade if you make peace with the Children, BUT if you have done enough for Far Harbor, he will continue selling gear to you, which means that he does note your service to his people as a consideration. He's on his people's side.

    And his counterpart? First thing you see when you arrive at the Nucleus is Richter's "loyalty test:" he tells two Children that their loyalty is in doubt, and that loyalty is proven when one of the Children shoots the other in the back and placidly asks "anything else you need?." Is Allen Lee an asshole? Yah, definitely. He's a killer. But he doesn't consider his own people as fair game for target practice; his counterpart in the Nucleus most certainly does.

    This theme is present in a full half of the quests for the faction: Tektus takes a disliking to Sister Aubert, so he sends you on a Witch Hunt to find evidence of her doubt of him. Richter wants you to kill Sister Gwyneth, who has lost faith in Atom. Ware's quest to save his friend is an exception, yes, but nobody in the Nucleus believes that "heresy" should not be punisheable by death. Nobody speaks out against the "loyalty test." Even the likeable people in the faction see this as a fact.

    Basically, they're all ready to kill in the name of their faith, just like their brethren in the Commonwealth. They may not be shoot-on-sight, but they're a powder keg, and the fuse is lit. The only way to make them NOT want to kill is to replace their leader with somebody who demands peace -- but listen to the fake Tektus's grand speech for peace, and even THERE you can hear that anybody who disobeys the peace will be killed.

    This as opposed to the Far Harbor folks, who may be rough around the edges, but they're still people and you can relate to them as such.

    I really hate to see Allen Lee as anything but a huge asshole. But, even though it really seems he just wants to shoot stuff, I have to conclude that in this case he's right. If this peace persists, Far Harbor will begin to resettle the island. At the time you complete Far Harbor, they can have up to four settlements; but if there's ever more -- especially much more -- that peace you make for DiMA might well get strained by the Children of Atom seeing Far Harbor as taking too much... which without the fake Tektus, they already do. As for DiMA himself, he'll do anything he can get away with -- especially if the Sole Survivor is not around.

    Choosing this path will not get you the most stuff, and Captain Avery will hate you for it. But, contrary to the streamer Oxhorn's conclusion about the Children of Atom that "people can change," I really can't see how a bunch of fanatics that deal with any "heresy" by committing murder will magically put murder aside because of one fake guy who can disappear, (maybe courtesy to a Child of Atom,) like the peaceful Martin disappeared. So, activate the launch key, and give them Division, since they all want it so much. It's what they think they deserve, so there's no reason to disagree with them.

    submitted by /u/Revenant62
    [link] [comments]

    Introducing girlfriend to Fallout, should I start with FO3 or FO,NV?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 06:22 AM PST

    Over this lockdown I'm introducing my partner to some games I think she'll enjoy.

    She enjoys open world interactive RPG, and I want to put my best foot forward when choosing our first play through.

    I can't decide between the two because I love both but what's everyone's opinions? Bare in mind she's a very casual player so base this off the criteria of exploration (hidden lore, finding cool vaults and things I can talk to her about etc), storyline/quests/factions, dialogue choice and dialogue impact.

    Thanks :)

    EDIT: I'll be playing alongside her as we're in lockdown together, I've played all the games loads and so it's not a proper noob experience lol

    submitted by /u/GERFNOG
    [link] [comments]

    Big surprise this morning in Fallout 76: Regular super mutants somewhat humanized.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 11:25 AM PST

    So I was playing 76 this morning and snuck up on a camp of super mutants, and they were playing with their floaters and hounds saying stuff like "Look at that smile! I think he likes you!". Suffice to say I thought it was a nice touch and call back to the 2d games where even violent regular no name super mutants had some humanity left and weren't just pure violence in a green body.

    submitted by /u/Nerdthenord
    [link] [comments]

    Hands down my best FO76 CAMP and best usage of my two shelters. It's a large imgur album but I'd really appreciate you stopping by and taking a look. (Raider tower with underground prison.)

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 03:17 AM PST

    The exterior CAMP and Sector 1 (or Shelter 1) are complete. Sector 2 (shelter 2) is still a WIP. The Chapel is done but I need to finish the mess hall and the rest of the jail cells.

    Raider Tower CAMP

    submitted by /u/The108ers
    [link] [comments]

    Tale of Two Wastelands is such a blessing

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 06:10 PM PST

    MAN. TTW is amazing. I'd never thought I'd get to do a Fallout 3, New Vegas, and New Frontier run all in one game with no real breaks in immersion. It's such good stream content also haha. Did anyone get New California working with TTW because a Tale of Four Wastelands sounds pretty lit tbh.

    submitted by /u/Martydude15
    [link] [comments]

    If you had a pipboy in real life that could do all the things it can do in the games. What would be the first thing you do

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 07:13 PM PST

    ghoul slayers gamma gun????

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 02:44 AM PST

    Where do you think/want the next fallout game to take place?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 01:42 PM PST

    I'd like to see southern Texas in fallout, as 1) a brotherhood of steel chapter that we don't know much about is said to be stationed there, and we already know every fallout game has to include them for marketing reasons (I'm not knocking it, it makes sense)

    2) we could potentially pass the border and go to Mexico, the first time we leave America in a fallout base-game

    3) it gives opportunity to experience both deserts and big cities. Bringing fans of New Vegas and 3/4 together in harmony.

    4) 30's Country music in the background, whilst exploring a vast post-nuclear desert warms my bones just thinking about it

    submitted by /u/Rutlemania
    [link] [comments]

    Is Mr. House sexy?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:05 PM PST

    Would you guys have relations with Mr. House? I'm not gay or nothing, but there's something about that face of his.

    submitted by /u/SenatorPencilFace
    [link] [comments]

    [FO4] Can Kitchen items be crafted?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 10:04 PM PST

    In the Vanilla game - Can 'Kitchen items' like the Frig, Stove, Bench and Cupboards be crafted?

    submitted by /u/Kwl_Gamer
    [link] [comments]

    I'm sorry if this is something that's often posted, but I just want to share some love for the Fallout soundtracks

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 03:02 PM PST

    I've played FO4, FO76, FNV (and I've just started FO3 but I only have an hour or two on it).

    I love the songs, the different Fallouts have introduced me to genres I'd probably never have found on my own.

    Whether its the Big Iron one from FNV, or The Spotnicks Inkspots that appear to have a few tracks in 76, I just love it, and I'll look up the playlists on Spotify and listen during some of my non-gaming downtime too.

    With Spotify suggesting related songs, it's introduced me to several genres that I really enjoy.

    I can't be the only person that feels this, right?

    submitted by /u/pdarigan
    [link] [comments]

    Wasteland workshop (fo4) questions

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 01:31 AM PST

    Easily put, I want to put raiders or gunners against my death robots in my settlements and Idk how to make them non hostile, I have the beta ray emitter but I'm afraid that only works on animals or wasteland creatures, is there any way to make them pacified until the in settlement battle is ready?

    submitted by /u/Bad_at_the_game-
    [link] [comments]

    For fallout 76 can I join the enclave if I join the brotherhood

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 12:47 AM PST

    I know they are enclave and the brother are enemies but I want to experience both without creating a new character

    submitted by /u/I_SNORT_G-FUEL
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout TTW: After 26 hours of gameplay, items in my Megaton house containers disappeared

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 12:22 AM PST

    I had shitload of stuff from Zeta, ammunition, armours, weapons from all over and upon returning to my house to leave more stuff inside, I realised my containers were all empty!

    Except the Nuka Cola machine. Wtf?!

    So, I reloaded to five saves back and on the 26 hours mark (two hours of gameplay lost) everything was fine.

    Has anyone had a similar issue, because when I played Fallout 3 GOTY on my PS3, I probably racked up 1000 of hours of gameplay, and never have experienced that?

    With that being said, I'm just thinking about adding a new container via GECK inside the house, call it a quantum safe and store everything inside because fuck it, but what's the point if it'll make everything disappear as well.

    Oh, I also found apparel (with a note) from one of my personal mods which ought to be stored in Novac safe. It was found in the male dorm of Vault 106. Checked a New Vegas save file. The same content was in Novac safe as well. Apparently the game used the same ID for that safe.

    submitted by /u/Paligor
    [link] [comments]

    So my whole game keeps going into slow motion for no reason, when I'm in combot Or dialogue or doing anything . Anybody know why?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 03:59 AM PST

    This fo4 btw. I have a few mods installed but they're all mainly for graphics and performance These are the mods I have (ps4) : Less junky perks Companions have infinite ammo Tsl God rays disabled And some more graphics related mods I can't remember

    submitted by /u/lordpluto_real
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a specific .FRM file from Fallout 2

    Posted: 23 Jan 2021 09:57 PM PST

    I decided to start tinkering around with the .FRM files to see if I could speed up Skynet's movement, and being the genius that I am I accidentally overwrote the wrong file. If anyone would be kind enough to donate a copy of their file it would be greatly appreciated!

    The name of the file in question is "MAROBOPB.FRM", located in Fallout 2\data\art\critters

    submitted by /u/Sqwishyzs
    [link] [comments]

    Settlements and your preferred buildings

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 03:43 AM PST

    I've been using the barn set in Fallout 4 to build my settlements since it allows me to build 3 story apartments (each apartment 2 by 2, each floor 5 by 2 with a balcony on the one side and stair case in the middle) but recently I've grown bored and want to start looking at other designs. Has anyone here got any preferred layouts and designs? Blueprints maybe? I'm on the PS4 and use no build limit and clean settlements mods.

    submitted by /u/HorrorShow13666
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment