• Breaking News

    Friday, December 18, 2020

    Fallout | Every Copy of New Vegas is Personalized

    Fallout | Every Copy of New Vegas is Personalized


    Every Copy of New Vegas is Personalized

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:59 PM PST

    Recently I downloaded New Vegas Bounties II from the Nexus. I was on the bounty to kill Sergio. I arrive to where Im supposed to find my bounty at the southern train tunnel. Only to be ambushed! I scurry up the top of the tunnel but Sergio has brought his whole gang.

    Im pinned down by dynamite and gunfire. I have 4 stims. Im going to survive this by the skin of my teeth, if i do survive. However, something begins to distract Sergio and his gang. A lone gunman in the distance. At first I think it might be Legion Assassins.

    Its not, Its Boone. The tide of the battle quickly turns. In less then a minute Sergio and his gang are whipped out. I go up to Boon and talk to him. He initiates his "is it time?" dialogue.

    He wasnt an active companion. God sent me an angel. And he had him a .308 caliber flaming sword of justice with a telescopic sight.

    submitted by /u/Charmeiser
    [link] [comments]

    I actually really loved Nuka-World.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 08:35 PM PST

    It's obviously not perfect. Not by any means. From a story perspective, yeah it's pretty shitty. But gameplay wise. It came with interesting new weapons and enemies, unique areas that were just OH SO MUCH FUN to explore, some cool armor and quests, all in all aside from the blatant lack of a morally good and rewarding ending, I'd say it was a pretty good dlc!

    submitted by /u/DINOS4URCHESTRA
    [link] [comments]

    What order are you playing the FO4 DLC in and why? (Excluding Automaton) (MM)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 12:39 PM PST

    I know that pre and post main quest dialouge exists in Far Harbor, and Nuka World sucks if you don't wanna be a bad guy but narratively where should I go? The MQ provides a pretty decent sense of urgency so I didn't dabble in DLC because what in the hell sense would that make but now after not having the heart to bring back those synths from Bunker Hill killing that Courser one on one I had a heartfelt farwell on the roof of C.I.T. with my son losing contact with patriot (RR makes the most sense to build teleporter with story-wise to me) Worked with the BoS until Blind Betrayal/Tactical Thinking then rebuilt the Minutemen with Preston Garvey and am now on defend the castle once I talk to Preston again.

    (Just so you understand where the character is at)

    submitted by /u/Auovix
    [link] [comments]

    Are working vehicles canon?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 12:59 PM PST

    In fallout 4 we see the gunners and BoS fixing up tanks. And "driving" trucks. (Engine limitations). In new Vegas theres trucks in ncr bases. In good condition. I don't know if you can't count the planes at mcarran. In the Long 15 you also see cars, tanks, trucks and vertibirds that seem to have been used post war. In fallout 2 the chosen one has a highwayman so does that mean other people have them too? Just a thought I had while playing.

    submitted by /u/Scolville0
    [link] [comments]

    (Android) I want to turn my phone into a pipboy, any tips?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:18 PM PST

    I'm running terminal free and have been wondering if there are any launchers or other themes to give it that interface.

    submitted by /u/Croistewa
    [link] [comments]

    Fall out new Vegas prim puppy

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 03:57 AM PST

    This is a long shot but.......Okay so just started a new modded play through of new Vegas when I get to prim there is a little black and white puppy that no matter what I try gets blown to pieces and buddy have an ide what mod the dog might be from befor i star to tear my load order apart to figure out not wanting to fuck a question latter down the road that requires the dog was think it might be from the willow mod but not shut any help is appreciated befor I go tearing apart my load order after I get off work

    submitted by /u/RAMlife2500hd01
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 5 should have multiple companions.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:52 PM PST

    I think that in Fallout 5 there should be a perk that would allow you to travel with 2 companions along with a doggo. I know this would probably make combat way to easy, but it would be an end game thing and I think it could increase the dificulty when you take it. You would likely need high carisma and to be high level, but I want it as an option. Opinions?

    submitted by /u/ThatDiabeticJesus
    [link] [comments]

    What is the best mod guide you have tried?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 07:22 PM PST

    Maybe it was easy to follow or maybe it 'remastered' the game, I'm interested in trying some. Any game really.

    submitted by /u/mdmayyyyyy
    [link] [comments]

    Poor air quality in the wastes

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 11:06 PM PST

    Mostly applies to 3 and 4, but wouldn't a person who's been breathing clean/purified air their whole lives just die out in a few months? The wastes are literally hazy from radiation and pollution, especially in 3, the whole capital is practically green. Doesn't apply so much to new vegas i suppose since the courier is intended to be a lifelong waster and the mojave as a whole wasn't too affected by the bombs

    submitted by /u/plap_blap
    [link] [comments]

    Great Time with Fallout 4 this past week

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 02:43 AM PST

    Hey guys!

    Last I posted here was a really long time ago, and since I have a nice PC I came back to the series

    I did a full vanilla playthrough with DLC's. I absolutely love the DLCs, I mostly played vanilla on console a lot, so playing it on PC, good frames and more stuff to do was a blessing to me

    I chose the 'peaceful' ending where I blasted the Institute to bits, but I kept the three factions at peace with one another. Rediscovering the Commonwealth and even discovering some new things I havent found before was a completely amazing experience. I went for whatever builds, I did wacky stuff with automatic weapons. I built robots, decking out Ada was fun as hell. (The Mechanist is alive and well btw. Isabel best girl) I turned Sanctuary into a little hub of community that provided safety for whoever, and prospered in trade and wealth

    Oh, I nuked the Children of Atom fucking lol

    I keep the one vanilla save for achievements. I have now got to mods. I modded game with Alternate Start, essential patch fixes, community armor mod (wearing armor on whatever and customizing paint is just absolutely pleasant). I have picked my character as a somewhat genius former Gunner prospect that looks to make up for his past actions by helping whoever he can. He is allergic to potatos and tato. (so, I do not eat those for the rest of the run)

    I have also added a more XP mod to make the leveling less grindy. I started at lvl 1.

    The game is as good as I once picked up for the first time. PC just enhanced it by two thousand pretty much. Covid, lockdown, unemployment, and end of my semester (did great on my finals) has been hittin me rough lately, so, its great to have this game to sink hours into and dive in a world where I can just forget about everything, and have a blast

    Hope y'all are staying safe, and have a great Friday :)

    submitted by /u/headache8181
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 Far Harbor crashes the game with only the Unofficial Patch as a mod on Xbox

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 01:14 AM PST

    I recently bought an Xbox Series S, and I was about to start the Far Harbor DLC, but after I hop out of the boat and start the conversation with that 2 people the game just crashes.

    I tried googling this problem, but mostly those people could solve it by disabling a certain mod, but I only have the Unofficial Patch, but I had a few crashes even before I downloaded that.

    Is there a workaround for this? It's really a huge bummer that I can't play a DLC which is supposedly the best.

    submitted by /u/veckler
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 1 Lieutenant Looping Dialogue

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 12:37 AM PST

    So I got taken to the lieutenant, and every time he interrogates me, I get put in a loop. I refuse to reveal the location of the vault, he punches me a few times, and then his dialogue goes back to "Oh, this is excellent."

    It seems that the only way for me to continue my playthrough is to savescum into passing Harry's speech check, but I know that there is also the option of enduring through the lieutenant's torture. Is there a reason I can't?

    submitted by /u/nopedotavi69
    [link] [comments]

    Would Elder Lyons division of the Brotherhood of Steel aid a synth

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 08:27 PM PST

    We all know that Elder Maxson's division of the BoS in Fallout 4 has made it one of their prime objectives to completely eradicate synths from the Boston Commonwealth, but it had me curious: would Elder Lyons 'Lyons Pride' division from Fallout 3 aid a synth? They're already notoriously known among the BoS for having 'gone rogue' to help people rather than horde technology, as well as the fact the Institute and the Railroad do exist at this point in time given the quest Dr. Zimmer and Harkness share...

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/SnootSnooter
    [link] [comments]

    Hey everyone! I was just wondering what your favorite fallout radio song is!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:23 PM PST

    Name your number one of a few you love to listen to while exploring the wastes! Also, they can be from any of the fallout games so don't worry about that.

    This is for a survey I'm doing so help me out will ya!

    submitted by /u/West_Tek
    [link] [comments]

    Can I buy fallout 3 on steam without having to get mods to make it work or is it still a broken game on steam?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 10:43 AM PST

    Helping the NCR without annexing Strip?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:56 PM PST

    ! Spoilers... maybe ! (New Vegas)

    While starting the Enclave quest, Arcade Gannon recommended the idea of helping the NCR in the Battle of Hoover Dam, but having someone else lead the strip.

    Is that leader me? Mr House? One of the families? And is the idea of helping the NCR without annexation even possible?

    I'm closing in on the battle, so answers will be very helpful.

    submitted by /u/Melliott6228
    [link] [comments]

    Is 76 worth playing?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 11:07 PM PST

    I was gifted 76 awhile back out of the blue from a old friend on steam and I didnt play it for awhile. I started to try to play but it just seemed daunting to even start a new fallout. Especially one like 76 that just feels.... kinda off from other fallouts.

    submitted by /u/Viking_Warrior1
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know what took me so long to get back into FO3

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:23 AM PST

    Like the title said. I got the game when it first came out on PS3 and played it a lot, then I got it on XBox One a couple of years ago and got frustrated and quit. Now, I have it on my series S and I can't put it down. Chugging along, finally completed the Rescue from Paradise mission, fucking idiot that I was 2 years ago didn't realize that I needed to repair a junction box by the kitchen area that was like 10 meters away from the spot where I did my last save before stopping playing.

    Now I just need to find 12 more Nuka-Cola Quantums for the Nuka Challenge mission without losing my head and getting fed up with looking for them.

    submitted by /u/RazielOC
    [link] [comments]

    Eastern Cascadia: Ideas for a Fallout-ified Pacific North West?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 12:06 PM PST

    What sort of places and stories do you think make sense in the Pacific Northwest, but east of the Cascade Mountains? Much has been speculated about Seattle, and we all love the idea of a good Space Needle topping battle, but I'm looking to the already weird and barren lands that sort of evoke a colder Mojave.

    • Weird Cults?
    • Tribal Nations that held out in remote areas and returned to regional prominence after the bombs fell
    • Depending on timeline NCR could begin to branch up into the south
    • Potential for BoS Airships/Enclave Holdouts
    • Hanford site was THE ww2 source of military grade nuclear material, we assume in Fallout it goes HAM
    • It already fucked up the river and people in the tri-city area iRL, imagine the mutant potential with magickal Fallout radiation
    • Various "this is mah right" holdout \ secessionist groups could've had their own bunkers and traditions, possibly seizing a vault by force just before the bombs dropped

    I find every part of America fertile ground for funky Fallout setups but I'm focusing on this region right now o,o

    submitted by /u/QuadKorps
    [link] [comments]

    Bobby Pins Breaking Due to ... Ghost Taking Over Xbox Controller?!

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 04:04 PM PST

    This question is for Xbox Fallout 76 players ONLY. I make that clarification because when I've seen people ask about this, a bunch of commenters who have never heard of this assume the OP is a newbie who doesn't know what they're doing. And there's always a PC player or two who says bobby pins never break on them!

    I am a Level 94 player who was logged wayyyy too many hours on this game, has ultracite armor, yadda yadda yadda. That's not meant as any kind of brag, I probably suck compared to most people who have played this much. But trust me, this is not due to inexperience. Especially at picking locks in Fallout games, LOL.

    Here is the problem: once I opt to pick a lock and the lock and bobby pin appear, all of sudden the left/right function controlled by LS will start moving on its own, and then the "open" function controlled by RS will start on its own. As you can imagine, that usually means a fail, and eventually a broken bobby pin.

    When this is really bad, I'll sit there and break 5 or 6 bobby pins ... sometimes on an easy lock despite having all three lockpick perks. Again, the times I or another Xbox player has asked a forum like this, commenters have no idea what we're talking about and assume we're doing something wrong.

    In trial and error to avoid this ghost controller phenomenon, I have tried all kinds of things: being hyperviligant to make sure I'm not being sloppy somehow, keeping the controller perfectly level and still in case that has something to do with it, waiting 2 or 3 seconds after the lock appears to make sure there isn't some "don't start too soon" thing going on. What else: oh, this happens constantly and isn't some freak thing like the controller batteries are dying, or I'm being attacked, etc.

    Does anyone understand what is going on?! I have noticed that Fallout streamers often have 99+ bobby pins left. Is this because theirs never break this way?

    submitted by /u/wretchedtick
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 1 ranged attacks have low hit percentages

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 03:19 PM PST

    Decided to try out the og Fallout, and I just cannot hit anything from a distance. My small guns skill is 41% and the highest hit percentage I've seen on a gun is 22%. The same problem goes for throwables, and my skill with that is 66%. Am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/nopedotavi69
    [link] [comments]

    [FO2] bugged fuel cell controller? any recs for mods to hack one in?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:03 PM PST

    soooo i was trying to get a fuel cell controller to get the highwayman up and running... got myself the super tool kit and traded with skeeter for it only... he didnt give me the part at all. i even tried to pickpocket him for the tool kit and try to engage him again and that hasnt worked. even killing him didnt work. the item simply vanished completely. if anyone could recommend some savestate editor/mods that could help me out that would be awesome. otherwise i will be spending forever on travel time. thank yall :)

    submitted by /u/ghost-chop
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one who imagines the music as being played over a combat montage?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 09:02 PM PST

    With Fallout 4 it's most prevalent because the atmosphere is more "I'm a badass vault dweller fear me" and the music is faster pased.

    When I play New Vegas and I'm just walking around it feels more like an exploration montage rather than a combat montage. In fallout 3 it just seems kind of silly.

    Unless I'm sneaking then it's weird.

    submitted by /u/Alara-Ni
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment