• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 17, 2020

    Fallout | Anybody else love 40s 50s 60s music because of fallout?

    Fallout | Anybody else love 40s 50s 60s music because of fallout?


    Anybody else love 40s 50s 60s music because of fallout?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 02:42 PM PST

    Anyone else loved Far Harbor and was then completely disappointed in Nuka World?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 01:11 PM PST

    I liked base Fallout 4 but like many I found the RPG elements lacking. Far Harbor felt like a return to classic Fallout. There was distinct factions with tons of internal intrique and choices. The side quests were interesting, I especially loved the murder mystery. The main story can be completed in a lot of ways, and playing with Nick just makes it even better. It also had a lot of cool themes, it expanded on the synth stuff with Nick/Dima, and I liked the whole man vs nature theme the island had as a whole.

    After FH I thought Bethesda was back on track, but then they made Nuka World. Within 10 minutes you are the leader of everything. Then you spend the rest of the time just clearing out locations. The factions are all fucking stupid, like something a kid wrote. The dlc had almost no real story or theme, just loot and shoot. I will say I like some of it because it often had well designed levels and great loot, but overall there's nothing to see.

    I hope Starfield is more like FH and less like NW.

    Edit: wow didnt expect so many comments. Nice to see this community is still active.

    submitted by /u/Less_Tennis5174524
    [link] [comments]

    What if Fallout 5 followed the story of Vault Techs "Ark"

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:00 AM PST

    It would kinda be a mix of something like the institute and vault 111, just replace synths with prewar animals and maybe plants.

    The Ark could have been built under the Bronx zoo with the purpose of reintroducing natural wildlife in the event of nuclear war.

    The vaults population would be mainly dwellers that act as farmers, vets and zoologists with several non mutant animals inside well the rest are in cryo sleep. The vault could have themed areas that look like jungles/forests/farmland.

    Some quest and story ideas I have based around the Ark:

    Rebuild and clean out above ground New York for the vault to expand and start its repopulation.

    Being tasked with studying and capturing mutated creatures.

    Finding a group that split off from the main Ark project whos goal is to create new versions of mutant animals.

    Let me know what you think.

    submitted by /u/CanYouHoldMyEyes0_0
    [link] [comments]

    Is it me or does Fallout 3 have a much more post apocalyptic feel and a dark wasteland vibe to it than the other fallout games?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 02:25 PM PST

    Fallout 4. I'll suggest not giving Piper a Supply Line before completing the "Reunions" mission.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 08:45 PM PST

    Let me explain:

    I assigned Piper to a Supply Line, I think it was Sanctuary Hills - Red Rocket. The thing is that when I went to Piper to tell her about my discoveries at Fort Hagen and with Valentine after Killing Kellogg, a Brahmin spawned with Piper at Diamond City (which was not supposed to happen). I uploaded some pictures to the FO4 subreddit, there you'll see Valentine standing next to the Brahmin and just staring at it perplexed.

    submitted by /u/imagination4u1
    [link] [comments]

    What is the worst POI in Fallout 4 and why is it Corvega Assembly Plant?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 04:30 PM PST

    Seriously I fucking hate that place so much. I always get lost regardless of how many playthings I do.

    submitted by /u/Ogrte
    [link] [comments]

    A Case For Horses Still Living Somewhere In The Wastes?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 08:09 PM PST

    Hey I just found this article on horses thriving in the Chernobyl area and thought I'd bring it up here.... what do y'all think? If Fallout: Wyoming or whatever does happen can wild horses finally appear in the wasteland?

    The mystery of Chernobyl's wild horses (theconversation.com)

    submitted by /u/CheThePoet
    [link] [comments]

    Problem/bug with Fallout 4 (Xbox)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:48 AM PST

    Hi people, I got this bad bug

    https://youtu.be/npMcxeGUtT4

    Is there any solution or mod to solve this? I'm playing on a Xbox :(

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ShineWolf
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any mods that make settlement raids more beefy? (Fallout 4)

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:15 PM PST

    Hey all!

    I just started a new FO4 game today and I was hoping someone might know about any mods that make the raids on your settlements more intense/scale better. It gets old having 15 settlers blast the 3 raiders that are attacking within the first 20 seconds and all.

    Any help is welcome!!

    submitted by /u/Clawsonflakes
    [link] [comments]

    Why do so many people not play the first two games? Or act like they don’t exist?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:50 PM PST

    I see a lot of posts on here always discussing 3, NV, 4, and 76, and while I understand those are the 3D ones I mean NV is Obsidian and 3,4,76 are Bethesda so...why is 1 & 2 always left out? It's the origins of the NCR, the backstory to the Enclave, Vault 13, and so much more! Why is it like hardly ever talked about? They're genuinely amazing and their sound tracks are so emotion provoking!

    submitted by /u/millodziejzyk
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else misses that atmosphere from F1 & F2?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:09 AM PST

    That feeling of real loneliness in post apocalyptic world with a subtle secret horror theme, especially in Fallout 1 with soundtracks further enhancing it.

    submitted by /u/Twiggerish
    [link] [comments]

    It's been 2 years, holy time flies.

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 12:58 AM PST

    I simply made this post just to say that, holy crap. This is probably just me getting older now and times
    moving faster it seems but how in the hell did Fallout 76 release a whole 2 years ago.
    Like that felt like the release was just last month but its been 2 years.

    Same with its been 2 years since The Elder Scrolls 6 was announced.
    It all just seems crazy to me and im kind of in like a shock. Had to make this post
    just to make sure it was 2 years ago and i'm not crazy.

    Anyone else feel this way??

    submitted by /u/JauneOG
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody else wonder why there hasn't been a Christmas Fallout yet?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 04:03 AM PST

    I mean, even just a DLC. But most Christmas carols would fit right in on a Fallout radio station, and you've got the whole nuclear winter thing that hasn't really been milked by Fallout yet. Come on!

    submitted by /u/ashaquick
    [link] [comments]

    Where do I find Three Dog's radio broadcasts and songs in the game files.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:23 PM PST

    I'm looking to gather them all up and make a playlist of the fallout 3 radio. What do I do to get to these files and extract them?

    submitted by /u/ChipotleWreckedMyAss
    [link] [comments]

    How do people build on the lighthouse at Kingsport Lighthouse in Fallout 4?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:16 PM PST

    It seems like everyone but me has done it but how?

    submitted by /u/Mrminutemansupreme
    [link] [comments]

    Is fallout 76 good and should I play it ?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 05:02 PM PST

    What are you guys thoughts on the game

    submitted by /u/RespawnBeacon
    [link] [comments]

    How do I fall in love with Fallout 76?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 03:10 PM PST

    I absolutely adore the fallout series and RPGs of any kind. As a kid I dreamed of a game coming to market that could be anything like 76. Been following the tumultuous news of the game for a year now and finally picked it up to give it a shot after hearing everyone raving about how it's better. So far it hasn't been bad per se but I just find it boring. I love building settlements/my camp and role playing etc but I just haven't gotten hooked yet. I give it a 30 minute spurt every few days craving the wasteland and within the hour I turn it off. I can't seem to find something to really engage me and bring me back, it just feels like a player built mod. I WANT to love it I really do but what am I missing? All the small menial quests are a drag and the combat feels atrocious. What should I do? Is there a specific main quest line worth following thats better than this? Should I attempt to find friends on the game to run with? I don't want to give up yet because I'm aware the endgame in games like these are where the funs at but I don't want to drag myself through hours of a game to reach that. There has to be SOMETHING that can pull me in. What hooks you about the game? What do you enjoy? What's worth my time? I don't want to concede yet having put less than 6 hours in but it's not looking bright. HOW DO I FALL IN LOVE WITH 76?

    Edit: to make my interest games a little more obvious for context; I couldn't stand the original Destiny (for those that have played) for reasons like this but came back a year after its release and found a group to play with and sunk ungodly amounts of time, making it one of my favorite games ever. I want that again in my life and a fallout setting makes it even more interesting.

    submitted by /u/retsimwerk
    [link] [comments]

    Absalom is a Player Character

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 02:03 AM PST

    So I just ran into Absalom for the first time ever in my umpteenth run of Fallout 4 and I have to admit, I was gonna write it off as a random encounter, but when I killed him and he said, "That's never happened before," it really made me stop and think.

    It's clear he's supposed to be a special encounter. For those that don't know, he's a hostile wanderer who can randomly spawn at various locations. He has full heavy combat armor and a modded sniper rifle, depending on your level. If you run into him and he sees you, he just starts blasting.

    But seeing as I've never run into him, when he says something as he's dying/after he's dead, two thoughts hit me. The first was, "Oh, cool, a voice line for an enemy that isn't something I've heard over and over." The second was, "Wait, he didn't expect to die. He was calm about it, like death was simply annoying to him, a minor setback."

    Then it was a hop, skip, and a jump for me to think he was made to be representative of "a" player character. Not necessarily "the" player character, but just someone you might see wandering the wastes if it were an online game. What does Absalom care about dying? He's just gonna respawn or load a save. No one, at least no one normal in Fallout, is so calm about dying, nor does someone so blatantly shoot at literally everything in the game (besides Minute Men for some reason according to the Wiki) unless they're a player character.

    Simply put, Bethesda made Absalom (and Sam Warrick before him) as a representation of a player character who focuses on looting and killing rather than the story. I could be way off, but that's what it feels like to me personally. It's a silly theory, but it seems odd to see such a heavily armed and armored character that wanders the wastes and kills everything they come across, including you, and have that not mean something in a subtextual way.

    submitted by /u/Requiem191
    [link] [comments]

    My canon ending to Fallout 4

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 07:33 AM PST

    (Disclaimer: This is just my opinion on what my head-canon fallout 4 ending would be)

    *Insert Ron Perlman's Voice here)

    Main Quest Ending:

    With the destruction of the Institute by the Minutemen, the Brotherhood under the rule of the wise and level-headed Elder Danse has forged an alliance with the minutemen, under the pretense that the minutemen are provided with training and advanced technology, while wiping out scum like raiders and returning any technology they find to the brotherhood for salvage. The Railroad is allowed to exist and help synths under the condition they are either expelled into the wasteland or put into the ranks of the Brotherhood.

    Character/Companion ending:

    Cait eventually rid herself of her addiction through her travels with the Survivor and a trip to Vault 95. With a new purpose in life she eventually parted ways with the Sole Survivor, opting to travel the wastes and rid it of those who prayed on the weak.

    Codsworth remained at the survivors side, although he missed the presence of Nora and young Shaun. He was fulfilled at the sight of his master bringing order and security to the world.

    Deacon continued to work for the Railroad, protecting Synths and keeping the Brotherhood in check. After years of this he soon realized that he had not changed his face, and had finally become whole again.

    Strong disapproved of the Brotherhood, but this was outweighed by love of the carnage he and his master had brought against raiders. Eventually, he heard of a settlement to the far west that was a haven for Super Mutants of all kinds, and parted ways with the Survivor to seek out sanctuary

    Preston Garvey assumed the role of general in the Survivor's absence. And the Commonwealth was all but secure under his kind-hearted and level headed rule.

    Curie, satisfied with her new Synth body and the amount of knowledge gained in the Commonwealth, soon left and began to explore the wastes, gathering knowledge and studying creatures

    Nick Valentine made peace with himself after the death of Eddie winter, and soon went back to Diamond City to work as a detective for hire, eventually he set out to find the remnants of the Institute and seek out his true identity as a Synth.

    Dogmeat remained loyal at his masters side until the very end. Eventually he settled into Sanctuary and lived a satisfied life within the settlement.

    X6-88 was destroyed in the fires that consumed the Institute, few in the wasteland noticed this loss

    Piper continued to live in Diamond city creating her newspaper, printing the truth and going to great lengths to find it.

    Paladin Danse challenged Arthur Maxson in ritual combat and beat, although before killing Maxson he reconsidered and showed mercy (although Maxson was demoted to knight.) He continues to rule the Brotherhood with a sound body and mind

    Porter Gage gave up the relentless carnage that consumed him as the Nuka-World raiders were destroyed. he soon made amends with the settlers there and now resides on top of fizztop grille looking at the smiling faces of the traders and realizing that maybe he was wrong all along.

    Old Longfellow continues to live on the Island, giving guides to Arcadia and telling stories in the bar.

    Hancock comes back to goodneighbor, wisened from his travels with the Survivor he soon beings the make Goodneighbor a true rival to Diamond city in size and Prosperity

    Misc endings:

    The Nuka-World raiders were no more, after an uprising was held bu the hostage traders and the Sole Survivor Nuka-World was one again turned into a sprawling trading city, a shining beacon of hope in a dark world.

    Vault 88 progressed well under the level headed rule of Overseer Barstow, and eventually become a trading hub in the region

    The Cabots soon began to wither away from age, Jack Cabot, looked out the window while dying and slowly knew that his time had come.

    Billy and his parents lived a satisfied life now that they were reunited, and soon traveled to the slog to live out their lives as farmers

    Mayor Mcdonough was arrested and exiled for his treachery in his place, a new mayor rose to power who disposed of the bigoted policies Mcdonough had put into place, and Diamond city soon became everyone's city again

    Arcadia continued to Flourish with aid from the Railroad. Under the leadership of DiMA it became a haven for Synths everywhere

    Macready eventually stopped doing mercenary work to go back to the capital wasteland and take care of his son, honoring his wife's memory in the process.

    The Children of Atom ceased their hostilities with the death of Confessor Tectus. They soon decided to help the Harbormen survive and expand across the Island

    Far Harbor prospered with the help of Arcadia and the Children of Atom. It soon became a staging ground to retake the entirety of the Island.

    Arlen Glass was put at peace after making amends with himself and his feeling of his wife and daughter

    submitted by /u/SlavicSquat1234
    [link] [comments]

    Which Fallout 4 settlement has the most preset NPCs?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 06:20 PM PST

    I haven't looked too in depth but it seems like The Slog or Bunker Hill are probably the most populated places. Are there any with more?

    submitted by /u/Blank-VII
    [link] [comments]

    Strength Randomly Reduced by 2? Fallout 1

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 11:14 AM PST

    I have no idea why my strength was reduced but I can't find a tab or anything that shows what is effecting my character. I am not poisoned nor do I have any crippled limbs.

    I just finished Vault 15, and got back to shady sands. Is it possible that being overweight reducing strength? because I am very likely over encumbered.

    Please help!

    submitted by /u/AlpacaTraffic
    [link] [comments]

    Faction owned territory

    Posted: 16 Dec 2020 08:53 AM PST

    Since factions have always played a big role in fallout I would like to actually feel like that faction has the ability to project power outside of their one or two bases or bunkers on the map.

    I thought new Vegas did this well and fallout 4 fell a little short but tired. It was always nice to run into a brotherhood checkpoint or minutemen patrol but it really didn't make me feel like those 3 random dudes I would run into came from a powerful faction. Watching a brotherhood vertibird fall out of the sky every 10 min didn't make me very confidant that they could take on another faction or I should fear them.

    Factions should control areas of the map and their presence should be felt. They should be a dominant force in the area and it should feel that way. The people who inhabit those areas should alway have some sort of feeing about it as well.

    I think this game mechanic can add many hours to a game as you can do endless side quests to expand a factions area of influence. This would also make the player have to really think long and hard about the relationships they make with said factions. Along with base building the possibilities could be endless. As I could help secure supply lines build defenses or sabotage another factions area.

    submitted by /u/Battles_45
    [link] [comments]

    How to find a mod team?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2020 12:30 AM PST

    I want to do voice acting for a fallout mod just because it seems fun lol how do I go about this :)

    submitted by /u/whyulurking
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment