• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 29, 2019

    Fallout | One thing Fallout 4 did really well (that no one talks about)

    Fallout | One thing Fallout 4 did really well (that no one talks about)


    One thing Fallout 4 did really well (that no one talks about)

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 05:43 PM PST

    URBAN COMBAT. I think Fallout 4 has some really nice urban combat once you get into the city proper. The verticality and all the little bridges, nooks crannies, side streets and alleyways always made it a blast to blast through. Cant really think of another straight up shooter that had that amount of freedom in an urban environment.

    submitted by /u/Uncle-Funkle
    [link] [comments]

    I think one of the things that made fallout 3 and new Vegas so good was that your character didn’t have a voice. You read everything in your own voice.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:45 AM PST

    Currently playing through fallout 4 for the first time and this just came to mind. Its not a big deal but i felt like my character was more "myself"

    submitted by /u/plainjane187
    [link] [comments]

    After ten long years. I finally platinumed Fallout 3 on the PS3

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:13 PM PST

    TIL That Muggy from Old World Blues was intended to be a companion for in-and-out of the DLC but the idea was cut due to time constraints.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 03:38 PM PST

    He could've helped clean so many mugs out in the Mojave.

    submitted by /u/Hope1820
    [link] [comments]

    I think this is my favorite Vault Boy artwork ever

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 04:36 PM PST

    https://imgur.com/a/orJqVF5

    and yes, it's in the game

    submitted by /u/Brenonon
    [link] [comments]

    Just got the nuke world DLC any points of interest?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 02:17 AM PST

    I've just got into nuka town USA and have met the disciples leader

    submitted by /u/TheYeti77
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone miss the old way Fallout did leveling? I do.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 10:31 PM PST

    I mean, in Fallout 4 everything is perk reliant, but in Fallout 3 & New Vegas you could put points into a skill & get better at a certain thing (small guns, speech, science est) then depending on your player level, Special Stats, and your skills then you could pick what perks suited you. I especially liked New Vage's Wild Wasteland perk, it was silly & not necessarily but it was good for a laugh.

    Idk, I just feel weak playing Fallout 4 again since all your damage is dependent on perks... and you'll be killing shit very frequently to level up (unless your going for a pacifist run but that's silly) so if I don't get those dmg perks early on you can't do jack shit.

    Least that's how I feel, keep in mind I play on console, not PC (offline because no internet for my PS4 & console mods disable achievements which I don't want) otherwise I'd try those fancy PC mods I see on the Nexus, you lucky PC sods with your cool guns & weather mods. ;w;)

    What do you think though? I'd like to hear if anyone feels this way too. I miss the old ways.

    submitted by /u/Junk_Knight
    [link] [comments]

    I think fallout 4 is nice but very unstable

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 02:09 AM PST

    The contents itself is very tempting and is nice. The game/system's consistency is really problem. Is it just me or general problem?

    submitted by /u/Noname_4Me
    [link] [comments]

    Vendor with most caps?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 05:56 PM PST

    I've been doing a nice water farm in fallout 4, but having trouble finding vendors with enough caps to buy them all. I've been to ever vendor in diamond city market but still not enough. Is there a good place I can find vendors with more caps anywhere on the map?

    submitted by /u/sammyaxelrod
    [link] [comments]

    Long Time Coming Bug (Nick Valentine Personal Quest)

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 01:25 AM PST

    I just killed Eddie Winter for Nick's personal quest and he said he had something to deal with and my quest was updated to follow him. Now he's jut walking around the room moving from one seat to another and if I try to talk to him he says things like "This won't take long... They're all gone.... Jenny..." and I can't progress.

    submitted by /u/Kleask10
    [link] [comments]

    Design a faction!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:05 PM PST

    I was thinking some of us here could share ideas we've had for minor and major factions alike. Since Bethesda seems to be in no short supply of suggestions from fans, I figuring adding a few more might be beneficial.

    So my first idea is The Postmen, who are a continuation of the pre-war US Postal Service. Their business includes caravan running and courier type deliveries. They also take money for "special" deliveries, doing mercenary work. They follow all the same laws, customs, and traditions of the Postal Service.

    submitted by /u/StarShot77
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 Broken Steel: FEV-laced water

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:14 PM PST

    So question: if you did the bad ending to the base game where you lace the water with the modified FEV (I did cause my character's a piece of sh*t lol), how is the BoS shipping the same FEV-laced water as AquaPura and no one is.. well, dying?

    After one sip of the water from the tidal basin, it states that continued consumption will be fatal (which also doesn't make sense because, according to Eden, we would be unaffected due to our upbringing in the Vault). Is this an overlook, or is the water simply being purified of the modified FEV through Project Purity?

    submitted by /u/Glass-Half-Full-Guy
    [link] [comments]

    Does the Khan Trick unarmed move count as a ranged attack?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:49 AM PST

    I'm doing an unarmed only run and naturally I picked up all of the special power-attack moves, one of which being the Khan Trick where you 'throw' 'dirt' at enemies stunning them and doing some damage.

    Now I was talking about it with my friend and he said that I shouldn't use the move because it's a ranged attack unlike the other unarmed things, but I was saying that it counts because it's affected by the unarmed skill and cannot be used apart from unarmed weapons. And naturally that transitioned into a cram opener argument. Anyway I'm just looking for other people's opinions

    submitted by /u/ConnorM1911
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 survival tips?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 04:01 AM PST

    I've been playing 4 for about 3 years now and as much as it can get a bashing on here, as a game, it changed everything for me!

    However, aside from the first experience which of course I did vanilla, I always play with mods (Xbox) and kind of do whatever I want. I've always played more for the story and the character arcs than I have for strategy or skill.

    Now I'm at the point where I want to relive the game from a different perspective and survival always gets a good name for itself - so... given that I've literally no experience in this type of game play, any tips? Do I use mods, if so then what ones?

    submitted by /u/merigoldofmaribor
    [link] [comments]

    I just completed Fallout 2 today again, such a legendary game.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 03:27 PM PST

    If you haven't played it you should really try it out, early game can be frustrating but once you inveat skillpoints into gun skills you'll have the blast, i'll never forget the legendary oil rig explosion cutscene. https://youtu.be/EyfI65D_M1Y

    submitted by /u/BilaryatBensec
    [link] [comments]

    Weird thing with my saves

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 03:43 AM PST

    Honestly didn't know where else to post this but anyway

    I just redownloaded FO4 to my laptop from Steam.When I started it,I found saves/characters that I have no recollection playing.

    Play time for some is 20 minutes,others is about 2 hours.When I tried to load them up,they required mods that I never downloaded before.

    Anyone have any idea what happened?Did my Steamcloud sync up with someone else or something?

    submitted by /u/Brass0Maharlika
    [link] [comments]

    If you save kid shaun from the institute.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 06:45 PM PST

    Give hime the junk he asks for. He can het you legendary weapons like the infinite ammo lazer rifle

    submitted by /u/Memes10121
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a problem with how bright my game is? Or is it just me? I think it has to do with my ini settings but Im not sure exactly. It genuinely hurts my eyes when its daytime in-game.

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 03:24 AM PST

    I’m embarrassed to say I fucked up the perk chart

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:52 AM PST

    I started playing Fallout 4 about 2 weeks ago and in the beginning, only the first row of perks in the perk chart are not grey...so I assumed you need to max those out to get the next row and so forth.

    So I spent all my perks maxing out the first row of stuff I didn't even want (strength, perception, endurance) and almost finished act 1. No wonder the games been so hard for me I've been missing out on vital perks because I spent 20 of them on maxing out the first row.

    I finally realized I can upgrade all the other perks too...and just finally got a scrounger and science perks.

    What a waste...but it is kind of confusing how only the first row is highlighted when you first start playing.

    Did anyone else have this confusion too or just me

    TLDR: thought perk chart went in sequential order and I maxed out first row in order...wasted lots of perks and time maxing out stuff I didn't even want.

    submitted by /u/sammyaxelrod
    [link] [comments]

    Do you prefer Fallout 4 and 76’s armor system where you can mix and match or Fallout 3 and New Vegas’s onesie armor?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 01:09 PM PST

    Fallout Story I wrote when I was younger (Completly unedited and was a WIP when I abandoned it)

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 12:19 PM PST

    I walk along the destroyed road, passing rusted old husks of what were once cars, the hot California sun beating down on my neck. Walking at an equal pace next to me is a worn-out old trader, heading to Sonora to try and sell some of the rotten gecko skins and rusty parts he's collected from scavenging or other trading. Me on the other hand, I'm just looking to try and find a job in Sonora.

    As we walk another figure joins our silent group. He's a scavenger by the looks of him, covered in dust and wearing old patched-up clothes, with a small 10mm pistol hanging on his belt. Finally, after hours of walking, we reach the small trading post of Sonora. More of a slum than a trading post I say in my head as I walk through the gates. This place was once a warehouse back in the day, but after the bombs fell scavengers turned it into a trading post. Someone in the parking lot had turned a van into a home with a mattress and a lamp in it, and what used to be a warehouse was now a general store. To the left, there were a few shacks and an inn that I will be staying at tonight. There is an assortment of ghouls and humans mingling about outside and three Brahmin tied up to a pole in the dirt outside the general store. The only thing that connects this sorry excuse for a town to the rest of the world is a small crimson caravan outpost here, where you can get a job as a caravan guard or you can pay them to deliver your shit to someplace nobody gives a damn about.

    That place is exactly where I need to go so I can earn a few caps then head back to Carson City. Back to my family. Now it's almost night out, Great, just great now I've wasted the only time I had to get the job today by exploring this shit-hole town. I go to get a room in the inn and I finally get to rest my mind.

    I get up in the morning and I am starving. I go outside and talk to the one vendor that is actually open and get some Gecko meat with my dwindling supply of caps and I head over to the Crimson caravan outpost that had just opened. The worker there is a thin guy by the name of George, he tells me I got the job and hands me the crimson caravan pin, which I proceed to pin to my faded leather jacket. He tells me that there is a caravan passing by tomorrow that needs an extra guard and that I should just try and hop along with them. Now I need a weapon, and the only place that sells those is the general store. I walk on over to the general store and buy a Pipe rifle with the last of my caps. After that I walk over to the abandoned shack and I set up a little blanket on the ground and some rolled up blankets as a pillow and I get ready for my big day tomorrow. I wake up in the morning fine except for a stiff neck and a bruise on my side from sleeping in that hell-hole of a shack. I pass the time by shooting Radroaches right outside of the big fence with a bb gun I found lying in the cabin. Finally, the caravan comes. It's a group of about ten merchants and seven guards who are so well-armed they make me look like a harmless little girl. I say goodbye to that disgusting town and head down the road with them. As we walk we talk and introduce ourselves. The guards are the timidest but the merchants tell you everything from the day they were born to the day they saw me start walking with them.

    As I walk I wonder what was like to live here before the war, probably the desolate environment was the same but they wouldn't have to scavenge for supplies or kill to survive. It would have been nice to live in that time where you could feast every day and drive a car to get places you want to go. Everyone suddenly stops, the other guard looks like they are on high alert so I mimic their movements. All of a sudden a gunshot rings out and terry, another guard, falls to the ground while grimacing and screaming in pain. I grab two of the merchants and hide in the nearest car, we hear two more shots, then silence. I peek my head out the window and see two other guards dead, including terry, and the rest of the merchants and guards sprinting off into the desert. One of the merchants hiding in the car with me says "We need to go!" and before I can stop him he is flying out the door of the car, right after that me and the other merchant wince when we hear a third shot.

    We stay quiet for as long as we can and then we hear voices outside saying "boss they are all dead, and the rest ran off into the desert." then a much deeper voice says "they will die out there anyways, so forget them let's just see what we can find on these guys." we then hear rustling then, nothing. Once again I peek my head out the window, fortunately, there was nobody out there, only the corpses of our peers.

    I then begin to talk to the merchant as night begins to fall, his name is Harold and he is trying to get to New Vegas, where his brother and parents are. I tell him my story as night begins to fall, and that night we share some bourbon and some Gecko meat that he had in his pack. And I drift to sleep.

    I wake up with a sense of optimism despite the encounter we had last night, it just feels good to finally have someone around me I can really trust. We begin the long journey to the town of Walker, which was abandoned but was safe from raiders or any other horrors of the wastes. Our walk begins with walking in a valley between two huge hills. It is filled with old cars because there was a popular camping site nearby. Maybe one day I'll come back to salvage some scrap from that campsite. After a long day of walking, we reach the outskirts of Walker. I walk past the faded sign that reads "Welcome to Walker, a great place to settle down" what a bunch of crap, even before the war, this place was very poor and had lots of crime. But that stopped after the bombs fell, almost everyone inside Walker died from the blast and those who didn't, died from the raiders. Raiders used to be a huge problem here so everyone left and when they left the raiders had nobody to raid so they left too, now it's just a ghost town for squatters to stay for a while. We find an old diner and collect some sticks to light a fire inside it. It has some skeletons sitting in the booths which adds an eerie touch to the building. There are also some bullet holes in the walls and some very old dried blood on the walls too. We move some skeletons and talk for a while before falling asleep on the booths. We wake up bright and early to get on the road. Before we leave, I look for a sunset sarsaparilla and I find one in the old fridge in the back. It's a bit warm but other than that its the same good old sugary drink.

    We have to walk through the rest of Walker before we can get on the main highway so we get walking as fast as we can. While walking I see signs of long-finished conflict, dried blood, bullet damage, and skeletons dot the main street but I try to ignore that and keep walking forward. Soon enough we reach the sign that reads "now leaving Walker, come back soon!". While we endlessly trudge down the broken highway we find another man. He is a scavenger with a trenchcoat and a bikers helmet with some leather pads as armor. He says his name is bill and that he would like to join us because we are heading where he is, so we agree and he starts walking with us. Before long we pass through the ruins of Coleville and get directions to the Topaz lake ferry from some squatters, and we start heading north. After endless walking, we finally reach the ferry. It is off the road a bit on a short dirt path. The building where you buy tickets has an old man operating it, the sight of the ferry almost makes me question my idea to go on it. It is wooden and has a crew of five it seems. It's only passenger is a ghoul who looks like a farmhand from one of the local farms, and it's in terrible condition. The wood is hanging off and the oars look like they are about to snap. We climb aboard that death-trap with low hopes in our chances of making it across the lake, but surprisingly the ride is very smooth and the cool wind blowing in my hair makes it all the better. When we finally dock in Topaz the guy named Bill silently breaks off from our group and heads into the local saloon. Figures. He looked like a drunk the moment I laid eyes on him. Soon enough we reach the sign that tells us we are leaving Topaz and we are back on the road. We are halfway to Carson city

    submitted by /u/Site_directer
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] Need help finding Elder Maxon's body.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 10:50 PM PST

    I sided with the minutemen and have shot down the Prydwen. I learned that you can get a sweet coat and gun from his body but I can't seem to find him anywhere. Do you guys know where his body is or do I need to reload an old save. I just finished Defending the Castle so it wouldn't be a big problem to just reload the old save.

    submitted by /u/Synth131
    [link] [comments]

    If Fallout 4 lore/rules applied to NV

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 02:33 AM PST

    Weird thought. In New Vegas, House has been exposed to the elements after 260 years because my character likes to do unboxing videos. What would happen if the Courier knew of the institute and made House into a synth? A game with lore from both would be... Never mind NV is great the way it is. All I'd want is bug/graphic update and to build a base in the mojave What would you want in a modern mojave set game?

    submitted by /u/Angiemudkip
    [link] [comments]

    Can I still get the mission Reveille if im almost done with the quest Fire Support? Fallout 4

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 02:09 AM PST

    I helped Danse kill all the ghouls, but i said no to him when he asked for my help in going to arcjet.

    submitted by /u/J0NICS
    [link] [comments]

    What are the biggest do’s and don’ts in Fallout 4

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 12:07 PM PST

    As the title says, what are the biggest "always do this" or "never do this" in Fallout 4 (as pertaining to things like looting, settlement building, scrapping, exploring, etc., not lore-based)? Thanks for any tips! (Please note I have played the game a bit, so stuff to do early on probably isn't applicable.)

    submitted by /u/FreddyPlayz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment