• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 17, 2019

    Fallout | Just Finished My First Playthrough of New Vegas! (Spoilers)

    Fallout | Just Finished My First Playthrough of New Vegas! (Spoilers)


    Just Finished My First Playthrough of New Vegas! (Spoilers)

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 09:40 AM PST

    I posted awhile ago that I was going to start NV for the first time, and asked for a few tips. I'd like to thank everyone who helped me out from that post.

    Wow. What a great game. I played through every DLC and the main quest line. I'm not sure how many of the side quests I completed, but I enjoyed doing them whenever I found them. I played F4 as my first Fallout game before NV and it's hard to even compare the two. The games are completely different and I can understand why people argue over which game is better. They are both great games and I thoroughly enjoyed each.

    As for my gameplay, I chose to side with Mr. House 100%. I chose pretty quick that I wanted to be his right hand man after meeting the other factions. Fighting slaves for the Legions entertainment was what turned me away from them. The NCR seemed to have a bad rep among most of the Mojave, and I followed suit and decided against them. The brotherhood became my most hated faction as soon as I came to with an explosive collar in their bunker. I'm not sure how big of a faction the brotherhood is because I did not see them much after that. I wished the Kings played a bigger role in the game, because I wanted to side with them more. It hurt me hearing that Mr. House wiped them out after the final mission.

    My character was a stealth/guns character. After finding my first Sniper Rifle it never really left my hands. I reached level 50 just before I started the last mission. I had all maxed skills except mele, unarmed, lockpick, and survival (might be more). I enjoyed this character a lot, but I would be down to make a new build next. Suggestions for that?

    I'm not sure what's next for me in this game, but I'm looking forward to discovering all the secrets of the Majave in my next playthrough. I plan to take my time and play with a different style and motive with my next character.

    Let me know what you think of my experience! Is there anything I could have missed by playing the way I did? Any questions you might have for me? Thanks again for helping me out before my playthrough!

    submitted by /u/Boboy12321
    [link] [comments]

    Holy shit, i didnt know the New California Republic flag was based on a real california republic flag.

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 10:42 PM PST

    So i was watching a youtube vid were it had fergie singing a horrendous rendition of the american anthem, and there was a flag behind her that looked like the ncr's flag.

    Was really surprised when i google'd it. The cali flag, not fergie's singing.

    submitted by /u/J0NICS
    [link] [comments]

    (Kotaku) Fallout 76, One Year Later

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 10:54 AM PST

    Bethesda launched Fallout 76 one year ago today, and almost everything that could go wrong did. And yet 12 months later it's still around, still getting updates, and full of players who remain willing to pour their best and most creative energies into trying to make it an interesting and wondrous place.

    Good article for those who want to know how the gameplays nowdays

    submitted by /u/Frocharocha
    [link] [comments]

    I put Fallout 1&2 ost on cassette. and it sounds amazing on tape!

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 12:17 PM PST

    New vegas memories

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 01:47 AM PST

    What were your nicest memories of fallout new vegas?

    submitted by /u/Mastur4
    [link] [comments]

    In 3 or NV (Maybe 4, Not sure), If you put away your weapon, will enemies stop attacking?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 08:41 PM PST

    I was playing 3 when I got a loading screen tip saying something like: "if you put your weapon away during combat, your opponent might stop fighting you" And I wasn't sure if it works. It's never happened for me, has it happened to anyone else? (I know the tip is in 3, probably NV, Maybe 4?)

    submitted by /u/dextermined111
    [link] [comments]

    Help stuck at 4% installing (ps4)

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 01:20 AM PST

    I recently reinstalled fallout 4 and it gets stuck at 4% and it has been like this for hours. I have deleted it and reinstalled it but it won't move past. (Physical copy)

    submitted by /u/buck-cluck
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: You can talk to Chet in Goodsprings and he'll offer to buy and sell you stuff

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 02:29 PM PST

    Been playing New Vegas for some 10 odd years. have had multiple 900 hour playthroughs, and the fact I'm still discovering new and unheard of things in this game is amazing and why I keep coming back to it. Finding out Chet can be used as a vendor is awesome

    submitted by /u/ChucklesTheFnJester
    [link] [comments]

    New found Granny Rags Dishonored reference?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 03:13 PM PST

    Im relatively new to this subreddit I dont typically use reddit but google has led me to believe no ones has made this connection yet. In the Kendall Parking Garage there are several exploding mole rats and one lone Npc just simply called Drifter now the npc themself bears no resemblance to the actual Granny Rags but the thing she says if you manage to sneak past the mole rats and talk to this said npc are pretty similar to Granny Rags especially in the delivery of these lines.

    "The ratties tell me whos freind or foe" (Ratties are like the birddies)

    "Do we eat this one yet ratties, no? Tick tock, tick tock"

    "Yellow powder, white powder, burnt tree" (Similar to the recipe she sometimes recites)

    Now i could be crazy there's very little evidence but at most its a subtle nod to there other series

    submitted by /u/Tscoo_V2
    [link] [comments]

    Can Settlers steal my stuff?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 07:38 AM PST

    So I looked online and it said that settlers can steal from your workbench (which is fine I don't keep important stuff in there), but can they steal out of just normal containers?

    I have a few containers that are packed with a bunch of stuff and I don't want the settlers taking any of it. As far as I know so far nothing has been stolen? But answers online are a bit unclear on wether or not they steal from normal containers.

    And if they can steal from normal containers are there any good ways to keep them from getting to your stuff?

    submitted by /u/SSpaceTime
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I get myself some 2mm EC ammunition in Fallout 4

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 05:37 PM PST

    Im level 28 on this play through and I have gone everywhere to find this shit. Ive gone to Diamond city market, Goodneighbor, Vault 81, Bunker hill, Cricket, Tinker Tom, the Prydwn, Ronnie Shaw, And the Institute to look for these, and no vendor sells them. Hell, I even tried to manufacture them but im not at the level (39 needed) to make them. Does anyone know where to find these? The Gauss Rifle and 2 ammo for it on the prydwn has already been stolen by me, so that's outta the equation.

    submitted by /u/ItsTheVantaBlack
    [link] [comments]

    Is Fallout 76 "Playable" now

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 02:32 AM PST

    so can you play Fallout 76 now without the bugs or with new updates or was there a big update?

    so is it playable and is there something new since the last 6 months

    submitted by /u/Stoppedworkingexe
    [link] [comments]

    Good radio mods for fallout 4 on xbox?

    Posted: 17 Nov 2019 02:19 AM PST

    Ive been trying to find some non lore friendly radio mods for fallout. any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/TgotGaming
    [link] [comments]

    TIL the “Masshole” achievement refers to Boston slang

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 05:17 PM PST

    The Fo4 achievement Masshole (https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Masshole) comes from a Boston area slang.

    Masshole is a derogatory slang term referring to those from Massachusetts.

    submitted by /u/thatguy728
    [link] [comments]

    Where do I find the missing laser pistol in the Scorpion gulch?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 08:52 AM PST

    Pretty much the title. Can't find it, and I'm on a PS3. Does that affect anything?

    Edit: found it. Thanks for the help, it really helped

    submitted by /u/PH03N1X_F1R3
    [link] [comments]

    Who’s your favorite raider gang in Nuka-World?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 02:35 PM PST

    And what regions of the map do you give to them?

    submitted by /u/LordLimabean73
    [link] [comments]

    This looks amazing.

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 08:45 PM PST

    https://youtu.be/szlSQM1O8IQ

    Don't know of it's gonna happen but I hope this is

    submitted by /u/Speaker4real
    [link] [comments]

    [Fallout 4 Mod Request] A Bugsy Malone Mod (aka make everyone kids)

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 04:22 PM PST

    I have absolutely no skills when it comes to modding but a mod where everyone is a kid would be funny as fuck, voices don't have to change or nothing. How difficult would that be?

    submitted by /u/-GeneralDerp-
    [link] [comments]

    A Non-violent solution?

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 11:27 PM PST

    I've been playing New Vegas and I've come to a mission (The House Always Wins IV) that I want to solve in a non-violent manner.

    So far though I've had no luck. The mission is to destroy the brotherhood of steel for House but I don't want to. Does anyone know if you can complete this mission without killing the brotherhood?

    submitted by /u/Rufusthered98
    [link] [comments]

    Leveling up issue in Old World Blues

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 07:35 PM PST

    I've been replaying Nee Vegas and loving it but there's one big issue. When I level up in the Old World Blues map the screen that pops up so I can level up stats doesn't appear. Was there an in universe explanation to this that I missed it something, or is it just a bug? I'm playing on the PS3 version of that helps.

    submitted by /u/Skooter_Magee
    [link] [comments]

    The screen keeps flickering and flashing when moving the camera outside in fallout 4.

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 07:34 AM PST

    Anytime the camera moves all the grass, bushes and trees flicker and dim. I'm on an xbox one s, 1080 samsung. I've been messing with tv settings, changing motion enhancers and dynamic contrast back and forth, but maybe there is something there I've missed. I've tried disabling all mods and hard resetting. I've tried mods that reduce blur, that add more blur, that remove shadows and remove antialiasing in various combinations. It seems to just happen to foliage, because the effect is not noticable indoors. I have not had this issue with any other games. Is Fallout just like this? Has anyone solved this issue?

    submitted by /u/cmdrtowerward
    [link] [comments]

    Share some wacky names

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 07:09 PM PST

    Starting a new run in fallout 4 and feel like trying out a new weird name for my female character. I'm thinking of something that starts with Princess so codsworth can call me that if I ever want to travel with him. So far I've thought of Nukabazooka, Moose, Moochie Macchiato and Moxy Bananaz. Any fun names you guys and girls would like to share?

    submitted by /u/moxibananaz
    [link] [comments]

    Confused about FTR, Part 2

    Posted: 16 Nov 2019 04:52 PM PST

    Okay so, I don't know if this is just me being completely stupid (probably is) or if there's a bug. I finished Oh My Papa, but I don't remember exactly what I told them to do, I know it was diplomatic though Now, FTR p2 is saying "Visit the Great Khans in Red Rock Canyon and either enlist their aid or destroy them." And the marker leads me to their longhouse where Papa Khan is, but that's it. No new dialogue. Tried talking to colonel Moore and all she says is "Have you dealt with the great khans yet?" And I can only say I haven't, or something along those lines. What am I missing, god tell me this isn't a bug because I cannot load back that far

    submitted by /u/DonnaNoble123
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment