• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 5, 2020

    Fallout: New Vegas | Coming back after three years, I'd forgotten how dark the game is.

    Fallout: New Vegas | Coming back after three years, I'd forgotten how dark the game is.


    Coming back after three years, I'd forgotten how dark the game is.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 05:34 AM PST

    So I created a new character--pansexual mad scientist with a fetish for energy weapons--and I'm just heading out of Goodsprings. I spot some Powder Gangers around a caravan that they've ambushed. Dead brahmin, bodies. One of the bodies is of a female caravan guard. Her clothes are off. I'm pretty sure it's implied she was raped and then murdered by these psychos.

    Aaaaand welcome back to New Vegas. What were some dark visual storytelling moments you all noticed?

    submitted by /u/WhyYesThisIsFake
    [link] [comments]

    This Just Happened.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:49 PM PST

    Deep in the Legion's territory

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 08:23 AM PST

    Really gotta “Hand it to ya”

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 06:59 AM PST

    "... it's letting go."

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 08:20 AM PST

    Reloading Glitch

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 05:03 PM PST

    ASMR

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 09:13 AM PST

    Favorite historical references/allusions inside Fallout: New Vegas that other people might have missed?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 08:57 PM PST

    I got bored and started looking at random Wiki articles related to Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, (despite not being religious) and stumbled onto Joshua's (from Judaism). It actually got me thinking about Joshua Graham because reading (the Hebrew) Joshua's Wiki you can see the some of the similarities that Obsidian went with when writing Honest Hearts.

    A few that stuck out to me were - Joshua scouting Canaan for Moses, this sticks out to me since the Dead Horse tribe that Joshua Graham is leading are known for their scouts. - "God appointed Joshua to succeed Moses as leader of the Israelites along with giving him a blessing of invincibility during his lifetime (Joshua 1:5)" I just think this one is funny since J Graham survived being tossed down the Grand Canyon covered in flaming pitch.

    Any other references to literature, history, mythology, or religion that people know of that others might have missed in F:NV?

    submitted by /u/paladin_wilhelm
    [link] [comments]

    Does Bethesda wish FNV didn't happen?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 03:20 AM PST

    I've always felt - at least it has been my perception - that Bethesda would like everyone to forget New Vegas existed.

    I played through FO4 and there are few, if any, references to NV.

    Fallout Shelter - I can't remember a single special Dweller based on a FNV character (maybe the 50 hours I poured into it weren't enough?)

    I have the Vault dweller's Official Cookbook, and the only close reference is the Dusty's Brahmin Burgers - but even then, the comment is that they come from NCR Downtown, NOT NoVac.

    So... does Bethesda treat FNV like it's the step-headed red child? Why?

    To my mind, the story, atmosphere and mechanics put it miles out in front of FO3 and FO4. Is that the reason?

    submitted by /u/narsfweasels
    [link] [comments]

    Having a lot of crashes.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 10:53 AM PST

    Hello, just started modding this game again and i'm having a blast BUT the game keeps crashing all the time, during load screens, every fast travel, and sometimes even while walking around. This is my plugin list (copied from LOOT):

    0 0 FalloutNV.esm

    1 1 DeadMoney.esm

    2 2 HonestHearts.esm

    3 3 OldWorldBlues.esm

    4 4 LonesomeRoad.esm

    5 5 GunRunnersArsenal.esm

    6 6 ClassicPack.esm

    7 7 MercenaryPack.esm

    8 8 TribalPack.esm

    9 9 CaravanPack.esm

    10 a YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm

    11 b SomeguySeries.esm

    12 c oHUD.esm

    13 d YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp

    14 e Performance Of The Gods.esp

    15 f EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp

    16 10 Better Game Performance.esp

    17 11 WeaponModsExpanded.esp

    18 12 All Weapon Sounds Overhaul .esp

    19 13 NewVegasBounties.esp

    20 14 NewVegasBountiesII.esp

    21 15 TheInheritance.esp

    22 16 Russell.esp

    23 17 AK74.esp

    24 18 DEagle.esp

    25 19 CM4A1.esp

    26 1a L96.esp

    27 1b LootMenu.esp

    28 1c G36K.esp

    Panzer-Kanone.esp

    29 1d ObviousBOSBunker.esp

    30 1e EVE FNV - NO GRA.esp

    WMX-DLCMerged.esp

    31 1f Weapon Retexture Project.esp

    32 20 EVE FNV - NO DLC.esp

    WMX-EVE-AllDLC.esp

    33 21 GRNDMGtoAUTOCANNON.esp

    34 22 Asurah_reanimation.esp

    35 23 M16A2.esp

    36 24 The Law Won.esp

    37 25 AK47.esp

    FNV RWL All DLC - Brighter Nights.esp

    FNV RWL All DLC - No Overcast Weather.esp

    38 26 FalloutNV_lang.esp

    39 27 The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

    WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp

    40 28 Uzi.esp

    41 29 1911.esp

    42 2a ASVAL.esp

    43 2b PKM.esp

    44 2c merchantammo-GRA.esp

    45 2d merchantammo.esp

    WMX-EVE_ALL_DLC.esp

    46 2e WMX_Patch.esp

    WMX-EVE_NO_DLC.esp

    WMX_DLC.esp

    47 2f F4NVAnti-Material Rifle - Complete.esp

    48 30 F4NVAnti-Material Rifle - Basic.esp

    49 31 F4NVAnti-Material Rifle - Moddable.esp

    50 32 47 ENB Weather.esp

    I use OXIDE ENB and NVSE with the 4GB patch, does someone know what could be causing all the problem?

    submitted by /u/Isapeth
    [link] [comments]

    modded playthrough questions.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 10:43 AM PST

    Okay so going to be playing fallout new vegas again but this time with mods.

    Last time i tried was when you could still get nexus mod manager. Now that is removed and vortex seems to be the new thing.

    How is vortex? Is it better? Is it safe? Also it has been so long since i modded a game are mods easy to remove so it does not just take up hardware space because i have very very limited space on my pc.

    submitted by /u/HelloYasuo
    [link] [comments]

    Check out The Rover, good Fallout like movie

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 10:14 AM PST

    Stars Guy Pearce and R Pats, but it's really fucking good. Honestly, caught me by surprise by the end how invested and well acted it was. Also it has the silly Scoot dude being Scoot.

    Here's some good clips from it:

    https://youtu.be/hT0qDc7wtfY

    https://youtu.be/4QgtISo9erQ

    https://youtu.be/LQkRF8o1AwU

    I definitely recommend giving it a watch if you haven't. It captures that hopeless, trashy, desolation that Fallout is to me.

    submitted by /u/paydaysucks
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know if there's a Mr. House screensaver?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 08:36 AM PST

    I couldn't find one online, I was wondering if anyone had seen one. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/stickysandals
    [link] [comments]

    Do temporary skill bonuses unlock perks?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 07:44 AM PST

    For stats, temporary bonuses from drugs or clothing do not unlock perks. How is for skill locked perks, i.e. Jury Rigging? Can I boost Repair to 90 with clothing, skill magazine and drugs and get the perk, or do I need "real" 90 in Repair?

    submitted by /u/afalloutguy
    [link] [comments]

    How do you aim at something far away with an iron sight?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 07:27 AM PST

    I am completely unfamiliar with handling IRL firearms so I dunno. To the thing needs to cover the target or need to be just below it?

    Also how do you friggin aim a Cowboy Repeater with true iron sights on? that damn thing doesn't seem to shoot straight.
    The reason I disabled true iron sights back then was the gun being unusable with that on.

    submitted by /u/elixxon
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else hate cazadors

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 12:33 PM PST

    Typical day with Boone..

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 05:08 PM PST

    Being shot by the Legion after killing Kimball

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 05:02 PM PST

    I just completed Arizona Ranger, and im returning to The Fort after, and im being shot at and i cant do anything. Help!

    submitted by /u/AntonyHockey24
    [link] [comments]

    If Fallout New Vegas were made into a film/TV series, who should play who?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:29 PM PST

    Particularly the 'main' characters in the story, so featuring but of course not limited to:

    • The Courier and his/her companions
    • Benny
    • President Kimball
    • Caesar
    • The King
    • Mr House
    • Legate Lanius
    • General Oliver
    • Colonel Moore
    • Ambassador Crocker
    • Julie Farkas
    • Ulysses

    along with any other characters, no matter how minor, you can think of.

    submitted by /u/TheLordMagpie
    [link] [comments]

    Should I kill Malcolm Holmes?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 04:00 PM PST

    I was doing a playthrough of the game when he approached me and told me about the blue star bottle caps. I know he has some on him but is it worth killing him over and does it have any negative side effects later in the game?

    submitted by /u/Despathreeto5
    [link] [comments]

    I failed the quest “don’t tread on the bear” because I decided to destroy the robots for cesaer. Now I took the quest from kimball and am working for the bombers to recruit them.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:05 PM PST

    What does this mean? What quests does this stop me from doing? Can I continue with the main ncr quests?

    submitted by /u/FuckiSucki
    [link] [comments]

    Digital Download question

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 05:00 PM PST

    So years ago, I had a disc version of new vegas for the 360 and played the f out of it. When fallout 4 came out, I remember getting a version of NV and F3 for the xbox one with it. I sold my one, but still have an old 360 laying around but no disc and I really want to play NV. Will the digital version I got for the xbox one work on the 360 since I don't have the disc or do I need to purchase another copy? I'm not home or I would just plug it in and see

    submitted by /u/TheMessiahARG
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment