• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 19, 2019

    Fallout | I went to a local Comic-Con over the weekend as an NCR veteran ranger/The Courier, so here’s some pictures, including some with guys in T-60 and X-01 power armor.

    Fallout | I went to a local Comic-Con over the weekend as an NCR veteran ranger/The Courier, so here’s some pictures, including some with guys in T-60 and X-01 power armor.


    I went to a local Comic-Con over the weekend as an NCR veteran ranger/The Courier, so here’s some pictures, including some with guys in T-60 and X-01 power armor.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 11:23 AM PST

    I just accidentally dropped $110 on a Polish copy of Fallout: Tactics. AMA.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 06:54 AM PST

    I cannot speak Polish.

    submitted by /u/SilentStopwatch
    [link] [comments]

    Just started playing New Vegas. I'm immediately thrown off by one thing

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 01:25 PM PST

    The fact you can't run. At all. Period.

    Like wtf

    submitted by /u/Fireboy759
    [link] [comments]

    FO4 surprises you sometimes

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 03:09 PM PST

    I was doing Hunter/Hunted tonight and went to fight the Courser as normal, completely ready with a fire-damage Combat Shotgun, late-game gear and best-companion Nick Valentine by my side. I expected an easy fight... And it was, because at half health, the good Detective fucking wrestled the Courser off the ground and down the three-story fall to his death at the bottom. What's that for "old discarded prototype synth", huh?

    submitted by /u/JakeBit
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite location that is outside of DC in Fallout 3?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 09:00 PM PST

    Mine is either the Republic of Dave or Megaton as stereotypical as that answer sounds. I am a big fan of the various SatComm's and Power Supply buildings as well.

    submitted by /u/BigH1239
    [link] [comments]

    Deathclaws and their inconsistency

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 12:22 AM PST

    Alright. I need to get this off my chest.

    In FO3/NV. The deathclaws don't exactly look threatening. They essentially look like.. puppets pretty much. If you look at them by itself it doesn't really look that threatening.

    Yes, you can certainly tell it's supposed to look threatening.. but for me at least.. it just doesn't.

    But when they move however, that's when it becomes "oh shit".

    As it essentially comes after you faster than hell itself and then proceeds to tear you a new one.

    For FO4. The Deathclaws definitely LOOK 10x more terrifying. In fact, when I started to play FO4 after NV. I essentially screamed like a little girl out of sheer terror.

    Until I realized.

    "Wait, I can just jam like.. 500 5mm rounds up it's ass and because I have this OP suit of armor early, I wouldn't die immediately."

    And just like that the fear factor was gone.

    I mean FO3/NV got the "This creature will tear your face off" factor perfectly. While the look.. looked less than expected.

    While FO4 had the look down but not the threat factor.

    Is it just me or do others feel the same?

    submitted by /u/Laati-Chan
    [link] [comments]

    Playing through fallout 4 for the millionth time and I noticed something strange

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 11:18 AM PST

    Kellogg hasn't changed his clothes in 60 years. Stinky

    submitted by /u/Cryinghmu
    [link] [comments]

    Simple Question: Voiced Protagonist, Or No?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 01:23 AM PST

    Personally I didn't think the actor (for Nate especially) did a bad job. I think they added some depth and humour to some flat writing.

    So in short, I don't MIND the idea of a voiced protagonist, as long as the decisions you make, actually make a difference, rather than having 4 different ways to say yes.

    Where do you stand on it?

    submitted by /u/KUNGFUKORBS
    [link] [comments]

    The ultimate evil playthrough FO4

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 03:35 PM PST

    Hello my fellow Reddit Gremlins. Today I will be teaching you how to be the ultimate shit head. Destroying the commonwealth and the surrounding land. This is meant for Survival mode, but if you're not man enough, I get it. let's get started. This is HARD and only for vet players. It will be in chronological order and in bullet points (kinda) optionals last.

    Reach level 4 DO NOT SPEAK TO PRESTON go to Nuka world. (Maxing CHR and using intimidate may be helpful) Get to porter Recruit porter Head back to the commonwealth (CW) Head directly to Swan, do not pass go, do not collect 100 caps. Kill swan for exp. Rescue nick valentin progress his quests until you kill Kellog and the BOS shows up. Join BOS until fort strong. Go to far harbour. Complete FH by nuking the atoms and turning off the fog Genny's Return to BOS (Optionally progress till you get into institute) Report synths in FH to inst or Bos Return to Nuka Optionally send in TWO raider camps Return to CW Find Preston Follow minute men quests Use other factions to kill rail road Finish game with minute men Kill the institute Celebrate Use nukes to destroy the BOS Now the only faction in the CW is the MM (IMPORTAN) SEND PRESTON TO THE CASTLE Send in raiders HAVE RAIDERS SENT TO THE CASTLE At this point both Preston and the minute men will become hostile. The minute men have lost the castle and disband again. Send raiders to far harbour as well.

    You have now beaten the game as the raiders.

    Be careful and save often several steps with switching factions mid way can FUBAR the game.

    (OPTIONAL GOALS)

    Get addicted to as many Chen's as possible (Use int to keep a steady supply of chems) Kill all rival raiders Beat nuka world supporting only one faction Complete autom to get bad ass raider robots (after FarHarbour) Turn DLC vault into raider vault Murder your way into all settlement. Turn key settlement into raider outposts Abernathy farm Hangman's ally The slog Covenant Bunker hill Egret marina

    Just find any other way to ruin the lives of the people of the CW Have fun you degenerates.

    submitted by /u/TalontedJay
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout TCG with ESL online and GWENT inspirations

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 12:58 AM PST

    I feel that fallout should have a decent card game far more then the elder scrolls online.

    The game shoud play like ESL but have factions like gwent each with its own identity

    Initialy i though of 4 factions:Broterhood of Steel,Enclave,Raiders, and Wasteland(monsters) and neutral cards as well like scavangers,robots and whatnot

    There should also be leaders which from fallout lore there are many to choose from

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/SlimRelict
    [link] [comments]

    I really had forgotten how good the FO4 trailer was, and how hyped I was for that game.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 04:45 PM PST

    Yes I want to play a superhero. That's Fallout. There's nothing wrong with that.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 10:57 AM PST

    When I complained about the grind in Fallout 76, a defender said "oh so you want to play a superhero".

    That wasn't the point I was making at the time so I denied it but you know what? Yes that's what Fallout is. You're playing a superhero. That's what Fallout was meant to be. They could have programmed the original games so that you had to deal with hunger, thirst and disease if they wanted to. Hell they've been doing that since Oregon Trail at least.

    The hero of a Fallout game has transcended the pettier challenges of survival that plague settlers. He instead grapples with the monsters of the wastes. That's his challenge. Because hes a superhero.

    Likewise the games maybe long but they don't waste your time with petty minutiae and grind. Superheroes dont grind. That's beneath them and beneath the players smart enough to play them.

    submitted by /u/Smooth_Complaint
    [link] [comments]

    If you were a developer for Fallout76, what would you say to fans who are unhappy with the game?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 05:47 PM PST

    Mad Max's name in Fallout 4

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 06:22 AM PST

    So I've come back to Fallout 4 and started a new character on XBox One last night. I got to thinking about the storyline and decided that the game starts similar to Mad Max in that you lose your wife and son right off the bat. So I decided to name my character Max Rockatansky. Lo and behold, I get out of Vault 111, meet Codsworth and the first voiced dialogue out of his mouth is "Mr. Rockatansky!". I was floored that they included that name in the voiced names list in the game, but I was ecstatic.

    I don't know if it had ever been pointed out here before besides finding a listing of all names in the game, but figured it had been overlooked.

    Needless to say, I'm a character just running around the Commonwealth killing every Raider in sight while wearing my Patrolman's Sunglasses.

    My backup character was going to be "The Postman", from the Kevin Costner movie, but his real name is never revealed, but go figure, one of the first articles of clothing I discovered as Max was a Postman's uniform :-P

    submitted by /u/tspielman
    [link] [comments]

    Is operation anchorage black and white in lore.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 02:39 PM PST

    in vault 112 you have the VR pods which the people in tranquility lane are staying in and it is black and white.

    Are the pods for operation anchorage using experimental tech or is it just that a whole DLC in black and white would be annoying to play.

    submitted by /u/lkjhytg
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout New Vegas.....am I crazy?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 03:12 PM PST

    Alright let me start off by saying please no arguments since we all love fallout here but.....I swear when New Vegas first came out there was a lot of hate towards it but was still kinda a 6 or 7 out of 10 kinda game and then after Fallout 4 came out I started hearing how New Vegas was the best fallout game? Anyone else recall this?....because I swear I remember this clear as day and I just wanna know what changed it to a 9/10 kinda game???

    submitted by /u/PSFREAK33
    [link] [comments]

    Why did My radio turn off

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 08:09 PM PST

    I'm playing fallout 3 and my galaxy news radio went off when I went into tenpenny tower. So I thought that it was just that I was in a building and it won't come back on when I'm traveling. Its grayed out Like I lost reception is this a bug?

    submitted by /u/Spoodermankillz
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 lockpicking

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 05:41 PM PST

    Does anyone know about a trick to find the exact spot for where to put Bobby pin in the lock? I heard that you can see scrapes on the lock that say where to put the pin but don't know what to look for. If anyone knows about this please enlighten me. Thanks

    submitted by /u/ShadowMaster18
    [link] [comments]

    The retired general’s speech, part 2

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 07:50 PM PST

    (Cooper)... i was headed into diamond city, and my real journey, has just begun... There, I met piper. Good person, bad journalist (Piper, from crowd) I heard that, blue! (Cooper) Anyway, I was around the marketplace, and i couldn't find any help. I ended up leaving after spending a day or two there. I then picked up a distress frequency, and I ruched there, and helped them. The brotherhood of steel. They had came to the commonwealth to defeat the institute. I helped them clear out an old factory ,and gained their trust. I decided to head back to diamond city, and then, a super mutant came up to me. Not one of the run of the mill ones, this one was giant. Using an old home-made weapon rigged to launch just about anything, I loaded it up with junk, and took him on. As he was trying to find me, I hid in an old subway. Little did I know that the place was filled with Malone's men. They thought I was there for "the detective." I fought my way through, and I cleared the place out to keep them from harming anybody else. I saved nick, and when we got to the green jewel, I told him my story. We knew who it was, and now it was time for revenge. He came with me, and we were putting down a cold hearted bastard.

    When we got where he was hiding, the place was crawling with gen 2s. I ran out of ammo, so, in an ironic twist, I ended up clearing the place with their own weapon. The institute's finest weaponry. When I got to that cold hearted killer, i lost it. I couldn't control myself. I felt adrenaline coursing through my body, dark thoughts going through my head, and I blacked out.

    I woke up, a psycho in my arm, a broken bottle in my hand, o couldn't believe it. Nothing was alive, and nick only survived by hiding back. He said I alone must have taken out a small fleet of synths, and was surprised I was still alive. We got our, and we saw it. The prydwyn. (Cont In p3)

    submitted by /u/Eggs_are_tasty
    [link] [comments]

    Recommend some mods to make fallout 4 both terrifying and tactical

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 03:13 AM PST

    Good quality map overhaul, good weapons and armor mods, better enemy ai, ambient sounds, more dynamic encounters etc

    Edit: im on the One X if this helps your recommendations.

    submitted by /u/Malino6
    [link] [comments]

    What affects will joining the Railroad have on my game?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 09:13 PM PST

    So I joined the Minutemen, right? I'm at the part where you fight the Corser and I taken back the Castle and I'm kind of tempted to join the Railroad. What in game affects will this have?

    submitted by /u/NylaTheWolf
    [link] [comments]

    Help with fallout 3

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 03:37 PM PST

    Fallout 3 keeps causing my pc to freeze where I can alt f4 or do anything besides manually turn it off with the power button. This is happening only around when I am opening the vault door for the first time and I have to keep going back in progress when I get back in. Any fixes/help/advice to get around this? I'm on pc.

    submitted by /u/Epicduck_
    [link] [comments]

    [Fo:NV]Do boomers respawn?

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 11:08 PM PST

    There is this weird thing, now that FNV is seen as the golden goose, that Bethesda hasn't put out a good Fallout game or that Fallout 3 is actually mediocre.

    Posted: 18 Nov 2019 10:48 AM PST

    It kinda is bothersome. As I go back to fallout 3 this weekend, the charm is still there, it was a magical experience, just like I had in my first, second and third play throughs.

    The atmosphere is dripping everywhere, from the metros, the music, the world, "my first" furniture in your megaton home.

    As ironically Todd Howard says, "It just works"

    And in fallout 3, in my opinion, it really does just work. The world is great, and the story really isn't THAT bad. Generic, sure a bit.

    I loved FNV, trust me, as much as anyone else who are fans of the franchise. It probably is the best modern Fallout game, but fuck man Fallout 3 IS really good. The atmosphere, the world which in my opinion is better than NV, and even having horror aspects to the game that aren't present in FNV.

    I just don't really dig this attitude, that because Bethesda sucks now, is corporate as the come - the likes of EA, and also the fact that FNV seen as holy tier, that they haven't put out a good fallout game.

    Fallout 3 laid the groundwork for the modern games, and they did a good job.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/DCfueledbyPopeyes
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment