• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 27, 2019

    Fallout: New Vegas | I think I messed up installing some texture mods

    Fallout: New Vegas | I think I messed up installing some texture mods


    I think I messed up installing some texture mods

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 02:27 AM PDT

    My props for courier 6 are almost done!

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 02:25 PM PDT

    It brings back warm memories.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 08:54 AM PDT

    Young Hearts quest for Boomers be like

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:21 AM PDT

    Vulpes Inculta should have never come to the strip.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 12:17 AM PDT

    Suffering from infinite load bug and running out of save files

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 06:46 AM PDT

    Im running out of new save files (currently on 47/1000). Is there a way to delete old save files so I can have new save files to save myself from the infinite load bug?

    On pc btw

    submitted by /u/cyanideclipse
    [link] [comments]

    Day one of by bb gun only play through. Two hours in.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 08:53 PM PDT

    I set my S.P.E.C.I.A.L up. Maxed out Endurance, because I'll need it for the hour long battles. Intelligence, because it's overpowered as shite. And luck, because Crits will be my only big source of damage. I also put some points into agility. Don't really know why, just kinda did. I choose Skilled and Quick Shot as my perks. Skilled because it's a nice skill to have. Quick shot because 20% faster fire rate means 20% more bbs.

    Go and rob Easy Pete's house for his bb gun. He also has 12 bbs. I go and talk to Sunny, shoot the bottles, miss a shot, costing be 4 bbs in total. Go talk to Rango, get Sunny, Trudy, and Doc to help out. I'm not sure, but I think Easy Pete died in the battle. I can't find his body. I used all my bbs fighting the first few guys, and the last guy with a bat for some reason would run away when he got to close to the Saloon. It took me a good 5 minutes to lure him in to the people who can actually fight.

    I ran past Primm because I don't got no ammo. Ran to Nipton, then that one NCR camp with the guy who repairs things to tell Ghost about Nipton. I forgot the name of the place.

    I realized that Hardcore mode isn't working for some reason. I have stats for water food and sleep. But they don't go up at all. Had to turn off Hardcore mode in the settings then turning it back on. It worked, but hopefully I can still get the hardcore mode achievement.

    Ran along the railroad through Nipton. Thwn I realized I'm going at a 90° angle to the path that leeds where I need to go. The minefield wasn't to hard, with 10 endurance it was fairly easy.

    Finally get to Boulder city. Sort out the stuff with the khans. Get an accepted reputation with the NCR and Khans. I headed to the dam to get some ammo from Bardon. I had a mini heart attack when he said that it's against regulations to sell to me, but I just had to pass a skill check for him to sell to me.

    Then I saw it, it was a heavenly light. My dark, awful world turned bright. He had 4000 bbs. A cap each. I sold him my Couriers stash stuff to get a solid 2.5k bbs.

    I got into a scuffle with some bighorners on the way to the Abeline kid's bb gun. I learned how awful this would be, as I shot maybe ≈150 shots into them. I killed 5. And my gun was at 1/3 durability.

    Once I got the special bb gun, I fired off a full clip to see the durability of it. It has just about 400 shots in it. I'm not even sure it does more damage then the standard version.

    That's the end of day one. About 2 hours in. I don't know who to side with yet. I'm thinking the NCR, so that I can use Quartermaster Bardon and his bbs. Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Papus_Devitous
    [link] [comments]

    Modding Help

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:52 AM PDT

    Modding Help

    First of I wanted to thank the authors of the community modding guide for a great write up, it really helped a complete novice like me mod my first game. I followed the guide exactly but am now experiencing some issues that I could use some help in troubleshooting. My frame rate doesn't go beyond 22fps and the game suffers from motion blur when i move my controller around too fast or zoom in with my weapon.

    My specs are,

    i7-5500u, GT940M 2gb and 8gb Ram.

    I installed the game through Steam.

    Here are the falloutcustom.ini settings I'm using,

    [General]

    bUseThreadedAI=1

    INumHWThreads=4

    bPreemptivelyUnloadCells=1

    [Display]

    iMaxDecalsPerFrame=5

    fSpecularLODStartFade=2000

    fLightLODStartFade=3500

    fShadowLODStartFade=1000

    fLightLODDefaultStartFade=10240.0

    fLightLODRange=10240.0

    fLightLODMinStartFade=10240.0

    fLightLODMaxStartFade=10240.0

    fShadowLODDefaultStartFade=200.0

    fShadowLODRange=200.0

    fShadowLODMinStartFade=100.0

    fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0

    fSpecularLODDefaultStartFade=10240.0

    fSpecularLODRange=10240.0

    fSpecularLODMinStartFade=10240.0

    fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=10240.0

    iPresentInterval=0

    [BackgroundLoad]

    bBackgroundCellLoads=1

    bSelectivePurgeUnusedOnFastTravel=1

    [TerrainManager]

    fBlockLoadDistanceLow=25000

    fTreeLoadDistance=40000

    [SpeedTree]

    bForceFullLOD=0

    [Grass]

    fGrassStartFadeDistance=3000

    [Water]

    bUseWaterHiRes=1

    bReflectExplosions=1

    bForceHighDetailReflections=0

    uMaxInteriorWaterReflections=60

    uMaxExteriorWaterReflections=60

    bForceHighDetailLandReflections=1

    iWaterReflectWidth=2048

    iWaterReflectHeight=2048

    [LOD]

    fLODFadeOutMultActors=15

    fLODFadeOutMultObjects=6

    https://i.redd.it/e0bf90sb64v31.png

    fLODFadeOutMultItems=15

    [Controls]

    fForegroundMouseAccelBase=0

    fForegroundMouseAccelTop=0

    fForegroundMouseBase=0

    fForegroundMouseMult=0

    [Audio]

    iAudioCacheSize=4096

    iMaxSizeForCachedSound=1024

    I have also attached a screenshot of MO2 with installed mods and load order. I disabled the graphical mods when I started experiencing issues and replaced the binkw32.dll file file from my backups when disabling the NVGE preset. I am running the game on the medium graphical settings.

    Thank you for reading and I would appreciate any help!

    submitted by /u/isnar09
    [link] [comments]

    Can you make steam nv work with pirated nv's saves?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 09:20 AM PDT

    basically, i pirated nv, sunk 40 hours into it, at which point it went on sale on steam. i caved in and bought it, deleted pirated nv, and, thanks to vortex, was able to remod the steam version in no time. but now old saves don't load (new game starts just fine). i shoulda guessed, to be honest.

    i was wondering if there was any way to make the steam version work with pirated save files.

    either that or i return the game and don't finish that playthrough cause it's like my 7th time.

    submitted by /u/SoberSamuel
    [link] [comments]

    I tried using save scumming to break the bank in the Sierra Madre. I've been teleported to Purgatory for my sins.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 02:34 PM PDT

    i drew the furry guy

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 06:13 PM PDT

    Problem with Volare quest.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 08:12 PM PDT

    I recently picked up this game in the fallout sale and was having a good time with it. I've gotten to the Volare! questline. I am having trouble with raising the B-29, the detonator isn't going off. I tried it on the boat and on the concrete dock near the wench. Any help?

    (Not sure if I should use the spoiler tag. So I used it just in case.)

    Edit: Solved, turns out I'm just an idiot.

    submitted by /u/Luxcious-
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any mod that changes the way that auto attempt lockpicking works by making it break one of your bobby pins on a failed attempt instead of breaking the lock?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 03:13 PM PDT

    Sort of like how Oblivion's auto attempt lockpicking works? I tried to google this but couldnt find any mod like it

    submitted by /u/Coagulated-Gravy
    [link] [comments]

    Ideal minimum stats in each SPECIAL category

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 02:23 PM PDT

    I've seen dozens of character builds, but I haven't seen a concise list of the minimum stats in each SPECIAL category, i.e. if you don't have at least 3 Strength, you'll miss out on X, Y and Z.

    Does anyone have a guide to the base stats, and then I can use character build suggestions from there?

    submitted by /u/AmusingAutomatons
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment