• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 27, 2019

    Fallout | Bethesda are going back to their roots and giving us moral dilemmas and consequences.

    Fallout | Bethesda are going back to their roots and giving us moral dilemmas and consequences.


    Bethesda are going back to their roots and giving us moral dilemmas and consequences.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 12:17 PM PDT

    Not in game choices though, these ones are in real life. I can afford the Fallout first package and have played all the fallout games but this new path of charging a subscription just doesn't sit right with me. Do I wait for the wastelander dlc then pay the subscription so I can enjoy a fallout game as it was meant to be (solo and with npc). The consequences of which are validation of Bethesda's money grab and alienation of the fallout fanbase, Or, do I uninstall and walk away, leaving behind a franchise I have loved for years???

    Decisions, decisions???

    Edit: Many thanks for all the comments for what is my first post on Reddit. The post was a little tongue in cheek as we all know that the subscription element is an absolute farce. Some interesting replies and everyone valid.

    I've played video games since the Sinclair spectrum was the machine to have and that makes me an old fart! I have seen many twists and turns in this industry but nothing compares to the utter shitfest that is currently happening with so called AAA developers. As some have rightly pointed out, vote with your wallets and hopefully the Halcyon days (see what I did there) will return.

    submitted by /u/GeneralSolan
    [link] [comments]

    I'm unfortunately seeing a lot 76 folk (including friends) buy the single month sub just to get the bonus items. Bethesda's disgusting tactic of locking them behind a paywall is actually working even if people hate the servers. :/

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    There's just so much disappointment.
    I don't know what to think anymore... :(

    submitted by /u/Zacrynix
    [link] [comments]

    Truly, the greatest enemy in Fallout 4 isn't the Synths, or Raiders, or Railroad

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 07:13 PM PDT

    Its the Settlements.

    "I'll get off after I just build a couple of things to get the EXP I need to finish off this level....."

    4 HOURS LATER

    "Does the couch go over here, or here? Maybe this bed would look better flat against this wall instead of next to this window? What time is it? FUCK!"

    submitted by /u/ParagonFury
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 1st: My personal opinion

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 12:42 PM PDT

    If you have purchased the Fallout 1st subscription, you're partially to blame for Bethesda and their actions.

    Purchasing this horrendous service is essentially saying to them: "Yes, please step on us and take more of our money Bethesda! We're stupid enough to support your HORRIBLE decisions!"

    If we simply don't purchase this service, and drop our play time for Fallout 76, maybe even uninstall, they're going to get the message that we're not putting up with their crap any longer.

    Though if enough people keep purchasing this service, Bethesda will keep going, and going and going, until the game is nothing but a hollow she'll of the Fallout series, that caters to those with their wallets out, ready to throw more money into the fire.

    This needs to stop, so that maybe they'll learn and not absolutely butcher TES VI, or Doom Eternal.

    submitted by /u/The_Fandom_Fanatic
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 4 New Vegas team released the new music for main theme!

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 08:34 PM PDT

    Poll: Which Fallout game is your favourite?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 01:51 AM PDT

    Fallout 76 State of Play – Arcade Rage

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 11:36 PM PDT

    Let's be honest: does anyone her actually WANT 76 to be good?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 04:39 PM PDT

    Like, I get the issues and everything, but back during Wild Appalachia when they were actually fixing the game and listening to feedback and adding content and such, there wasn't really anything talking about that on this sub despite the good reception to that content

    But the absolute instant Bethesda does a Bethesda, this sub (and arguably the community as a whole) jumps at the chance to relentlessly mock Bethesda for their fuckup.

    It came to a head with these recent events, in which I have seen a concerning amount of people here saying how "they're glad 76 is a total 'failure'" and how yadda yadda yadda "Bethesda has broken my trust forever," "they should sell the rights back to Obsidian," "hue hue guess I'll be playing Outer Worlds ;)" etc

    Hell, I'm pretty sure even if Wastelanders turns out to be ridiculously good, it'll likely be seen as 'Too little, too late' by just about everyone here. Either that or inevitably get hundreds of comparisons to NV or Outer Worlds while saying the latter 2 are superior in every way anyway

    So, genuine question: does anybody here actually want Bethesda to pull themselves together and make 76 'good?' Or does everybody here just want the debatable dumpster fire to stay a debatable dumpster fire forever?

    submitted by /u/Fireboy759
    [link] [comments]

    I’m playing fallout 4 and I’m on the part where right after fighting Kellogg we go to diamond city for the quest with piper no matter what answer I choose piper kills me help please

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 03:42 PM PDT

    Christ, I had no idea that NV's voice actors are a buncha known actors.

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 12:23 PM PDT

    Well theres ron perlman, obviously. As well as danny trejo(caught it right away coz he sounds like a calm umberto robina haha). But i had no idea that matthew perry and zachary levy are in the game.

    Wayne newton and kris kristofferson surprised me, as well. And that bald asshole rob cordry is in the game, too.

    And victor doesnt sound like william sadler, at all. Left field, i tells ya.

    submitted by /u/J0NICS
    [link] [comments]

    You deserve to lose if you keep playing Fallout 76 or help them with any of their games.

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 03:51 AM PDT

    Without buying them how many chems can you find in the new vegas world?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 09:50 PM PDT

    Also for a bonus how many can you find in all the dlcs aswell

    submitted by /u/Hazbro29
    [link] [comments]

    Any Governmnet mod for Fallout 4?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 09:44 PM PDT

    I wanna be able to found a new government in the commonwealth, and instead of having to do stuff by myself, go send a police or military force to, like basically once you found it, you have to take care of said nation, each settlement has its own needs, but so long as the nation as a whole is doing well, then the others will survive. like, say Starlight Drive in has an abundance of scrap (maybe a new need), yet Sanctuary has none, yet sanctuary has an abunace of food that SD doesnt, under the current system, there isolated pockets, but if you found the nation you can order a line between the two, but the line can be raided, so you need to conscript bodies for the military, clearing the path for the line, once thats done, you have a line between the two and both can expand, but then your happiness is hyper low cause crime is super high, so you have to spend caps to found a police force, which lowers crime, and raises happiness. then of course you can decide economic policies, and both have diffrent effects, say you go for a captalist american system, sure you have alot of caps but people are never quite as happy as they could be under say a heavily regulated one or a communist system, of course a communist system also has the rich fleeing, lowering the overall value of your settlement, thus lowering invesments. stuff like that, you could even be able to annex diamond city. of course the clearing the roads could be balanced with the sheer EXPENSES of it, caps, food, water, guns, ammo. all these have to be bought or produced. not by you, but by the settlements. idk, may sound dumb but i kinda wanna do more with my minutement settlements. they just feel like, bubbles, not united by any means, just... selfish settlements...

    submitted by /u/TheCupcakeScrub
    [link] [comments]

    IM RIIICH, BIAAAATCH!! *honk honk*

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 10:47 PM PDT

    Bethesda Clarifies Fallout 76's Private Server Issues, Acknowledges Some Players Are Losing Items

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 06:24 PM PDT

    Bethesda released a new statement to GameSpoton this matter that, among other things, confirms that a "small number" of players are in fact losing scrap items. The studio is working to fix this issue right now; it is a "top priority" for the company.

    "Following the release of Update 14 earlier this week, the development team has been looking into player reports of scrap going missing. We have some details to share with you on our findings and our plan moving forward. Our initial investigation indicated that this was a display issue, and that no items had gone missing. However, we have since found that a small number of players have in fact experienced a loss of scrap items after placing them into the Scrapbox and then loading into a world. Resolving this issue is currently our top priority.

    We are also exploring ways to restore the missing items.We are working to address this with a hotfix as soon as possible, and we will let players know once we are ready to deploy the fix

    submitted by /u/Frocharocha
    [link] [comments]

    Finally took the plunge

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 06:24 PM PDT

    Playing a fallout game was way overdue for me. Ive been playing rpgs since 1998.

    After a lot of research, I started with Fallout 3. I really wanted the grim wasteland post apocalypse vibe. I wanted to feel like when I played Bioshock 1 (not a rpg I know).

    the vats system actually turned out pretty good. Its been a while since I played a slow pace rpg, and im really enjoying the experience.

    In the middle of the bethesda controversy, im reminded of what this company and Blizzard used to be. I think the crown now belongs to CD projekt red and From Software.

    wish me luck, and if you find my corpse out there, feel free to take my gun, but please, please, bury me.

    submitted by /u/zodiac9094
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 76 might be the end of the Fallout franchise

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 08:58 PM PDT

    Bethesda has had fuck up after fuck up since the announcement and launch of Fallout 76 and I think it has probably ruined the entire franchise. Their total fucking incompetence with that awful game has made it so any mention of just "Fallout" makes people think of it. Every time I talk about the series the people around my only think of 76 and all the fucking stupid shit that's come out of it.

    Especially after this Fallout 1st bullshit, there's no way that they can save 76. It was a DOA game kept just barely alive and it's going to die after this.

    But now, even if they make another game the entire franchise has been tainted. Can't talk about 3/NV/4 without someone thinking of 76. If they make another game, new players are going to be turned off from the name just because of the shit from 76. Old players are going to be weary of even buying it. Unless the next Fallout game is phenomenal, there is no chance it's going to do well. And to be honest, I don't even trust Bethesda to make a decent Fallout game ever again. I don't know if they even have it in them anymore.

    What a fall from grace this game has been

    submitted by /u/Portalfan4351
    [link] [comments]

    Want to finally give the old school Fallout games a shot, where should I start?

    Posted: 27 Oct 2019 12:40 AM PDT

    I started my fallout journey with Fallout 3 back in 2008 and quickly fell in love with it. I've always said I wanted to get around to playing the older turn-based versions of the game and I think I'm finally going to go ahead and dive in.

    Just wondering, should I just start with #1 or would you guys recommend another version? I've heard a few things here and there about the 150 hour time limit being too restrictive in the first one and that FO2 is basically just FO1 but better.

    No idea how true any of that really is so just looking for input.

    submitted by /u/Thezem
    [link] [comments]

    All these talks about the courier mile, the other courier and the divide has me really excited for the lonesome road. NO GODDAMN SPOILERS

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 10:22 PM PDT

    Ive played all the DLCs except LR. And all those mentions of the other courier and the divide has gotten me really excited to play the dlc. But im holding out until im near the end of the game.

    So, break it to me: am i setting myself for a disappointment? Is LR's story, at the very least, good?

    submitted by /u/J0NICS
    [link] [comments]

    Which NV should I get?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 07:20 PM PDT

    So I see NV is on sale on Steam, and because everyone says it's so great, I was planning on buying it. But I don't know if I should get plain NV or the complete edition with the DLCs. Are the dlcs worth it?

    submitted by /u/SlayerL99
    [link] [comments]

    Fallout 3 and new Vegas causing PC to shut down?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 11:52 PM PDT

    So within the last 2 days, my PC has randomly shut down in the middle of gameplay. This doesn't happen during other games. It seems to only happen while playing fallout 3 or New Vegas. What happens is that is looks like it's going into sleep mode, but I can't bring it back out normally. It just stays locked up until I hit the power button after a while or the PC reboots automatically within 5-10 minutes. Nothing is heating up to the point that would warrant an Emergency crash.

    I've heard these two have memory leaking issues that may be causing this but this is a brand new issue. I've been playing new Vegas in particular for years and never had this issue. Halp?

    submitted by /u/N0r3m0rse
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment